How many mods have you done to your Whizzer?

RdKryton

Local time
8:39 AM
As the title asks, how many mods have you done? I guess the is just a thread to compare and brag.
I started with a 2000 WC1.
I have a modified NE cylinder
A milled and reworked (special) head .070
Hi-lift cam
Mushroom lifters
26mm carb with a 110 hi speed jet
Advanced timing from from 14 to 24 degrees BFTDC
Hi flow muffler insert
70mm auto clutch. (going back to 90mm in the spring)
Rear drum brake set up from Whizzer
I am very pleased with the results of all the mods. A few member here have ridden my Whizzer and they agree it is pretty quick for 8.42 cubic inches. I just love the simplicity of the old flat head engines. I want to ride. Is it spring yet? They are calling for a little snow tonight. Nutz...

Jim

PS That picture still has the 22mm carb. All of my modified parts except the 26mm carb came from you know who. Thanks Quenton.

Attachments

• IMG_0385.jpg
    IMG_0385.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 1,386
Last edited:
Hi Jim,

Don't forget the advanced camshaft, aluminum intake manifold, special "mushroom" lifters, and the newly modified automatic clutch [still on my work bench]. Not only is it a "powerhouse" but looks great also.
Have fun,

Last edited:
Mods to Whizzer?

Hi guys, I run mine dead stock. I even leave the origional oil in them as long as I can so they stay completely stock! Sine I weigh only 100 lbs soaking wet (times 3.......) I feel no need for any extra power. A couple of my bikes even have the origional air in the tires!!!

Here is one of my bikes, it is a WC-1 engine, small pipe, small valves, early springs WC-1 cam, stock WC-1 lifters. I did change the frame a little, and used one of those huge 22mm carbs off of an NE5.

Ohhh, yeah, this bike is origional finish (never been repainted), BUT this is the 2nd set of tires and wheels, so the air is not origional either.

See?

Mike (way out west) Simpson

Attachments

• model09RS.JPG
    model09RS.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 1,239
  • model09LS.JPG
    model09LS.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 1,148
Hi Mike,
I like the way you glued the external rockers on top of the head for "effect" [scares even me, lol]. I also like the way you painted the "stock" exhaust pipe.
Of course I must say the original paint is nice.

Mike, What a great looking 2 wheel masterpiece......

Have fun,

Lets' see, so far my 2005 NE5 has the mushroom lifters, the timing advanced one tooth, the restrictor opened up and hi-flow muffler insert. Waiting in the wings is a milled head that Quenton originally worked up for RdKryton with the copper head gasket.
Non-engine mods include a classic chrome gooseneck and half-moon handlebars, vintage pedals, a vintage style springer seat with crashrail, two-tone paint and my "custom" turn signals. :helmet::helmet::helmet:

Ok, I want to play.
I have a WC-1 motor that still uses the original crankcase, crankshaft & rod, CDI, coil, and bolts & nuts that fasten the cylinder to the crankcase. The rest has been changed. This motor has never been on a Dyno, but is by far the fastest motor I ever built, yes it is the motor that pulls wheelies and did win all entered classes in the dirt drags in both 2007 & 2008.
The actual [partial] list of modifications includes, head [major changes], cylinder [major changes], piston [very different], camshaft [re grind], lifters [very, very, very special, no additional comment], custom made head gasket [.010" copper], head bolts [replaced the 2 larger 10 MM with 8 MM], balanced flywheel, ignition, side cover, motor mounts, carburetor [26 MM], modified exhaust pipe, installed crankshaft spacers, advanced camshaft, valves [no additional information offered], valve springs, valve seats, valve guides, gaskets, special internal oil breather system, spark plug, 130 main jet, and modified exhaust manifold to mention a few. Motor has 165 pound of compression and uses hi test. Might try serious racing fuel or Nitrous Oxide later just to watch the belt burn, or clutch go into orbit.
I also have 4 additional test motors in boxes including the "slower" 68 MPH motor. The motor on my 2003 Panther sports a Westman cylinder, Crystal Engineering tri-chamber head, Raceway products camshaft, custom made copper head gasket, 5/16" headbolts, mushroom lifters [By Gerd Lowack], balanced flywheel, aluminum clutch pulley [custom made], crankshaft spacers, special valve guides, toyota valves, heavy duty progressive valve springs, valve spring shims, 15/16" intake port, wider chrome rims, upgraded white side wall tires, and re-worked ignition system.
My 1999 Whizzer has highly modified NE cylinder, Crystal Engineering head, PC camshaft, modified mushroom lifters, custom made copper head gasket, 40 degree BTDC ignition, modified clutch, 26 MM carburetor, custom made intake manifold, tapered intake port, no muffler insert, NE side cover, progressive valve springs, valve spring shims, modified exhaust manifold, wider chrome rims, upgraded white sidewall tires, fender tips, HD turn signals, rear chrome rack, right side mirror, modified automatic clutch, and tachometer.
Sorry but forgot to mention all motors are un-restricted, including my wife's maroon 2001 Pacemaker II. Wife's record holding motor [fastest time at Paducah, KY in 2005] uses the "Weber" head, hi-lift proto-type camshaft, mushroom lifters [vintage set I modified on lathe], HD valve springs, 26 MM carburetor, Tom Hand muffler insert, larger exhaust pipe, seven 8 MM head bolts and 2 studs, deluxe hand controls, wind shield, tachometer, wider chrome rims, upgraded tires, fender tips, and original 2001 automatic clutch.
I would continue, but tired of typing.
Have fun,

Last edited:
I have a 2007 NE5 with the following mods.
Enlarged the restrictor plate,
Manifold kit cut down to 1/2 inch and made all new gaskets from carb to motor for better flow,
Hi-flow muffler insert,
Head milled and reworked and a copper head gasket,
Modified mushroom lifters,
Cam was already advanced one tooth, reasembled the same way,
Iridum spark plug,
Needle clip moved to second notch from top,
K&N air filter,
Modified clutch hub,
Charge port next to the right hand side of the battery cover for easy charging of the battery,
Delux hand grips,
Turn signals,
tachometer,
Luggage rack,
Taillight cover,
NOS Whizzer leather electrical cover with Whizzer embossed on the right side,
Clamp on style mirror,
Leather tool bag,
Leather saddle bags,
Model A taillight,
Insulating heat wrap on the exhaust,
Removed the gas cap vent,