How many of have been hit by a car on a bike...

I been riding my scooter for about a year. (Im building a bike). I have never been hit when riding in town but we have a little shop place in my small town with a gas station and 2 small food places. I was getting a burger and walking to "old 140" (thats what i named the scooter). I put the burgers in my book bag and started the scooter. Right as im about to back up i get tap in the back by a medium pick up. Ikd if it was my fault or not. I am tall and i was wearing a yellow helmet but it could have been. One guy who watch the accident said the guy was one his phone. The guy drove away as soon has he hit me.
Ps is u wanna see my scooter ask me.

We already saw your Scooter in your Thread "Scooter" But show us "Old 140" again I would like to see.
Glad you weren't hurt when that truck backed into you.

I was riding my Harley and was Parked on the side of the Curb at the Beach. I was sitting on my M/C when the car in front of me started to back up. I had just enough time to straighten up my M/C turn on the key and BEEP my horn. By then the car had already hit my front fender. My M/C has a Metal Chrome Front Fender Rail (bumper) When the car hit my fender, my fender rail punched through his plastic 5 mile an hour rear bumper. The Guy got out and told me it was my fault. I looked at my M/C and inspected it for any damage. There was none. I said to the guy " My M/C looks OK I guess I won't call the cops. But your car bumper has a hole in it. Do you want to report it to your Insurance Co? Your lucky I was not some little kid on a bicycle you could of killed him." Now the guy shut his complaining mouth got in his car and drove away. Gonna cost him a few $thousand for a new rear bumper.

I been riding my scooter for about a year. (Im building a bike). I have never been hit when riding in town but we have a little shop place in my small town with a gas station and 2 small food places. I was getting a burger and walking to "old 140" (thats what i named the scooter). I put the burgers in my book bag and started the scooter. Right as im about to back up i get tap in the back by a medium pick up. Ikd if it was my fault or not. I am tall and i was wearing a yellow helmet but it could have been. One guy who watch the accident said the guy was one his phone. The guy drove away as soon has he hit me.
Ps is u wanna see my scooter ask me.

Your description of the event is a little vague. Were you backing out of a parking space? If so it'd be your responsibility to make sure you could safely do so. What I suggest is pushing the scooter into a location to where you can clearly see through traffic before mounting the scooter.

This in no way excuses the cage from leaving the scene of an accident. Cellphone hands free laws vary in the USA from state to state. Parking lot incidents can be tricky determining who's at fault. If you were backing out with a large vehicle(s) next to you, it may be possible the cage didn't see you. These would've been things for the police to write up in their report.

Generally people leave the scene of an accident because they aren't allowed to drive due to no insurance and/or suspended license and/or being impaired and/or open warrants and/or stolen vehicle etc. I wish you could've gotten at least a picture of their tag.

While I have gone down while riding. I Thank the Lord I haven't been hit by a car while riding my Motorbike or M/C.
I've been riding M/C for 43 years now.
I have been Hit by 2 🐺 Coyotes a 🐶 Dog a 🐔 Chicken a few 🐦 Birds a 🌿 stick that fell out of a tree and a 🍺 beer can some punk threw out his window when I was riding my Motorbike. I almost got slammed by a piece of Plywood that flew out of the bed of a truck on the freeway. I can't help but run over natures speed bumps 🐿 &🐇I don't run them over on purpose They seem to wait untill the last moment then commit suicide.
Yea, s**t Happens

While I have gone down while riding. I Thank the Lord I haven't been hit by a car while riding my Motorbike or M/C.
I've been riding M/C for 43 years now.
I have been Hit by 2 🐺 Coyotes a 🐶 Dog a 🐔 Chicken a few 🐦 Birds a 🌿 stick that fell out of a tree and a 🍺 beer can some punk threw out his window when I was riding my Motorbike. I almost got slammed by a piece of Plywood that flew out of the bed of a truck on the freeway. I can't help but run over natures speed bumps 🐿 &🐇I don't run them over on purpose They seem to wait untill the last moment then commit suicide.
Yea, sh*t Happens

My only times going down is the rear axle broke on my bike. The other time was to avoid hitting a small child who ran into the street from between 2 parked cars. One never knows when the unexpected can happen which is why I so strongly stress wearing a helmet and eye protection.

Statistics have shown the majority of 2 wheel vehicle accidental falls don t involve contact with another vehicle.

Last edited:
A car has never hit me but I've hit a car, came whipping over a hill and he was waiting to make a left. I ran over a porcupine once late at night, he scared the crap out of me. I turned around and went back to see what it was and his head was flat as a pancake.

Parking lots are extremely dangerous if you are on a bike. A LOT of accidents happen in parking lots. People just run around in all directions with no rhyme or reason. I have a car and a truck. I have switch controlled backup alarms on both. Whenever I drive around in a parking lot, I keep the backup alarm on and the hazard flashers on. I'm considering getting magnetic flashing amber lights to put on the roof. I drive very slowly and deliberately. I stop when I see something moving nearby. And still, with all that, I have almost been hit several times by cars/trucks/suvs coming out from behind a parked vehicle at 30-40 mph. While parking lots are private property and traffic laws do not apply, criminal laws do. And reckless endangerment is a class 1 misdemeanor in my state.

Thankfully in my short 6 months of riding, I've never been hit (or come close to being hit) by a car or any other vehicle. However I only ride on a small 1 lane neighborhood road with almost no traffic. I use proper gear (lights, helmet, gloves, rear view mirror, long sleeved clothes, inspecting brakes and other parts of MB after each ride) and take proper road precautions (ride on right side of road when cars are approaching, slowing down whenever a car is turning into the road even if I have the right of way, allowing cars to pass easily, etc.). Two things I've found are the most important are a rear view mirror and motorcycle/car horn. A rear view mirror is extremely useful so you can look behind you without taking your eyes off the road, and you know the position/speed of all cars behind you so you can allow them to pass safely. A scooter or car horn is required to get the attention of distracted drivers, of which there are sadly far too many nowadays...

Incidents I've had so far:
1. Almost got ran off the road by a damn GMC pickup truck. A classic case of distracted driving. I was riding up a hill when a huge GMC pickup truck starts coming downhill. Naturally I stop, move to the side of the road and allow him to pass. Well this idiot keeps going down full speed without noticing me and nearly sideswipes me, I had to move the bike all the way off the road in the nick of time! He had plenty of space to move to the right side of the road to pass me safely but I guess he didn't notice me (probably too busy texting on phone). Got mad so I followed him all the way to his construction site down the road, told him he could have ran me over if I didn't go off the road. He apologized later and said it was his fault, wouldn't do it again.

Thankfully in my short 6 months of riding, I've never been hit (or come close to being hit) by a car or any other vehicle. However I only ride on a small 1 lane neighborhood road with almost no traffic. I use proper gear (lights, helmet, gloves, rear view mirror, long sleeved clothes, inspecting brakes and other parts of MB after each ride) and take proper road precautions (ride on right side of road when cars are approaching, slowing down whenever a car is turning into the road even if I have the right of way, allowing cars to pass easily, etc.). Two things I've found are the most important are a rear view mirror and motorcycle/car horn. A rear view mirror is extremely useful so you can look behind you without taking your eyes off the road, and you know the position/speed of all cars behind you so you can allow them to pass safely. A scooter or car horn is required to get the attention of distracted drivers, of which there are sadly far too many nowadays...

Incidents I've had so far:
1. Almost got ran off the road by a damn GMC pickup truck. A classic case of distracted driving. I was riding up a hill when a huge GMC pickup truck starts coming downhill. Naturally I stop, move to the side of the road and allow him to pass. Well this idiot keeps going down full speed without noticing me and nearly sideswipes me, I had to move the bike all the way off the road in the nick of time! He had plenty of space to move to the right side of the road to pass me safely but I guess he didn't notice me (probably too busy texting on phone). Got mad so I followed him all the way to his construction site down the road, told him he could have ran me over if I didn't go off the road. He apologized later and said it was his fault, wouldn't do it again.

Your description is a bit confusing. Was this on the one lane road? Here in the mountains of Tennessee you'll sometimes find one lane mountain roads. Approaching vehicles have to maneuver around each other or one pull off the road or one back up to a spot where they can either maneuver around each other or one can pull of the road. I've actually lived in such locations before. Unfortunately on these same roads instead of driving cautiously idiots drive like they're on a race track. Glad you didn't get hurt.

Your description is a bit confusing. Was this on the one lane road? Here in the mountains of Tennessee you'll sometimes find one lane mountain roads. Approaching vehicles have to maneuver around each other or one pull off the road or one back up to a spot where they can either maneuver around each other or one can pull of the road. I've actually lived in such locations before. Unfortunately on these same roads instead of driving cautiously idiots drive like they're on a race track. Glad you didn't get hurt.
One lane road, I stopped and moved to the very edge so it was his fault that he kept driving down the middle of the road at full speed. That’s why I’m putting a car horn on my next bike so I can get people’s attention.

Back