How many of have been hit by a car on a bike...

No actually we aren't crashing right out the starting gate so I'd say our risks are significantly lowered. You need to learn your ability and the bike's ability to handle on the road. That's like safety 101 on any new piece of machinery. If you don't then you're liable to get injured far easier which you've already figured out. Not only that but getting into accidents prematurely just gives us motorized bicyclists a bad name. I know you have a nice looking bike and want to ride it and all but getting smashed by a silver Honda 6 seater suv will probably ruin you and your bike on the account that you didn't see it comming and didn't know how to get out of the way and the yet to be purchased helmet was yet to be purchased.

Try riding a bike with a frame pinned through your chest and half your skull left behind on I-83.

Have fun, good luck, wear a damn helmet.

I have a full face with visor motorcycle helmet, leather jacket, steel toe boots, thick jeans, am I missing any other equipment besides gloves? I am practicing just in my neighborhood for the next couple months till I get better then I will ride it on the roads.the only reason I didn't put on a helmet and jacket was because I was just going down our street and make a u turn, I knew better than not to wear them but I thought what harm could it do..... I was proved wrong within the first 60 seconds. Won't ignore my conscience again. Below is what happened after the 60 seconds.

Attachments

• 20160929_195742.jpg
    20160929_195742.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 137
You could end up like this:
crime-scene.jpg

Or this:
Capturesss-copy.jpg

Or even this:
maxresdefault.jpg

Oh sorry not like that I meant this!
bikedeadbabyrabbitr.jpg

Notice how the rabbit is not wearing a helmet, very unsafe. And the lady is riding a motorcycle backwards AND no helmet, she'll end up like the rabbit if she keeps this (don't look down) up!

Yeah I am always going to wear a helmet even though it is not required by law for anyone to wear a helmet in St. Louis, MO.
It's just common sense that I ignored once and that won't happen again.thx guys:)

Back