How many of have been hit by a car on a bike...

Hah, you're not getting out of the two party system without completely replacing your voting system. Proportional representation is the only legitimate version of representative democracy for this exact reason, anything else is a sham.

To be honest the entire American system of government is junk and needs replacing but those in charge like it that way. That's why all the rah rah nationalism, pledge of allegiance stuff is everywhere, gotta keep everyone fully indoctrinated so they don't question anything.

And if they do question anything, they get the Fred Hampton treatment

for me up to 25 mph I'm comfortable w/out helmet. up to 45, helmet & gloves are enough if I'm wearing pants, above that I want full motorcycle gear.

I'd think those speeds should be at least 10mph lower for you though if you don't have years of intensive martial arts, gymnastics, surviving motocross crashes, etc. under your belt.

whether to take up a full motor vehicle lane is situational. at first just try to avoid situations where you'd need to (go slow and stick to roads with spacious bike lane and or shoulder). I will say though if you're going to ride in the traffic lane do it decisively. Check over your shoulder and then moved up in line with the left wheel of the vehicle in front of you so it's clear that you are taking your space in the lane as a vehicle that that you don't is he's even worse if you're sending mixed signals. And again that's only safe if you're tall and wearing bright clothing and lights obviously if it's night

Hah, you're not getting out of the two party system without completely replacing your voting system. Proportional representation is the only legitimate version of representative democracy for this exact reason, anything else is a sham.

To be honest the entire American system of government is junk and needs replacing but those in charge like it that way. That's why all the rah rah nationalism, pledge of allegiance stuff is everywhere, gotta keep everyone fully indoctrinated so they don't question anything.

And if they do question anything, they get the Fred Hampton treatment
agreed about proportional representation. if a third party is getting enough votes to start seeming viable, we'll have to try and build on the attention and everything that gets to make real changes like proportional representation, or else we'll be stuck like our parents' generation, always telling people they should vote for Bad, because they're the only one who will stand up against Worse...

Hillary's hardcore fans are an amazing example - telling everyone to the left of her that they're only allowed to oppose her after she wins, AKA when nothing can be done about the reasons people to the left don't like her. Because otherwise you're "Helping Donald Trump to win". It's blaming the voter for a problem they didn't cause, and telling them that their vote isn't theirs to control.

To be honest liberals have always treated the left like that. Calling them childish, calling them unrealistic, telling them their opinions don't matter, and telling them what to do. And then acting surprised that the left don't like them!

Still got other things about to worry you, dogs and bears for f***ing real there is a motor biker on UTB who was chase by a bear and killed by a bear he was going 30 MPH bear was going 35, awsome!
Though the worst I'd face is a pack of hungry coyotes, it is comforting to know I can out them ;-}

agreed about proportional representation. if a third party is getting enough votes to start seeming viable, we'll have to try and build on the attention and everything that gets to make real changes like proportional representation, or else we'll be stuck like our parents' generation, always telling people they should vote for Bad, because they're the only one who will stand up against Worse...
What makes me sigh is 'Polling Numbers'.
Other than on-line polls which are entirely untrustworthy, only the people that take the time to answer the phone and take the pole get counted.

I usually don't, but I don't take any robo or telemarketing calls either.

With the restless barrage of calls at all hours I have taken to using PhoneTray Pro on my PC.
It scans the caller ID and Number and blocks the call if it's on a list, which I add to.

What else that makes me sigh is the 'Do Not Call' list.
Though it has helped some, Congress exempted itself from following it so even though I have been on the list since it stared I get political calls!

Anyway, all I can say if you don't like either take the 3rd option like me.
If one of the top 2 'polling' wins, so be it, I won't care either way and just endure the next 4 years, if I live that long.

Boy, it sure would be sweet to see what Congress would do with a 3rd party President though hehehe ;-}

If I was just going to make a protest vote, I'd pick Mickey Mouse or something. I'm not going to vote Libertarian! There's some good ideas there but they're rather extreme Right and idealistic. If all you cared about was freedom to do whatever you want with your MB than that's the candidate.

Might as well vote PSL, no communist government has ever required registering motorized bikes, and our china motors are just modernized russian D engines anyways.

I'm not going to vote Libertarian!
There's some good ideas there but they're rather extreme Right and idealistic.
Hmmm, that's not the impression I get, middle of the road less right leaning I thought as I usually vote Democrat.

They are just a couple of governors that want to govern responsibly without the partisan BS.
Like I said, I would like to see it just to see what Congress does!

There are 4 names on the Presidential Ballot in all 50 states.
Make an informed choice.

Johnson/Weld are polling 10% last I looked.

The thing about Libertarians is that they have the strangest fantasies about how capitalism works. They hate regulations and labour laws, but don't acknowledge that there was a time that we didn't have those things, and it sucked, so we invented those things.

The nuttier ones - do - know that, but they assume that they would be the billionaires should their ideas actually get put into practice, rather than the shoeless slum dwellers that actually did exist. It makes me want to pelt them with copies of Oliver Twist until they start to understand.

And the even nuttier ones don't want any government at all, and think that we should all buy subscriptions to use privatized roads. Or that a baby is no different from property, so a parent should be able to sell their kid on a free market, or kill them for meat.

They advertise themselves as "nonpartisan" but they're actually just crackpots who've taken "freedom" to the most bizarre extreme.

well put. I think there's a tipping point where once a third-party candidate gets just a little bit over 10%, they will become viable to win and break us out of the current two-party deadlock

I was hit on a bike (not motorized though). I went to pass a car when it signaled a left turn and I came to an intersection all the sudden they made a right turn I was not quite quick enough with turning and hitting the brakes and my pedal or wheel hit the car and I laid it down. I was unhurt except for minor bruising & lost groceries (they paid for them too)

on my motorized bike I'm never that reckless though. I would not go ahead & pass at an intersection, just going on the assumption the random tourists from new Jersey are gonna go left just because they signaled it

I wasn't wearing a helmet, which I always do in a motored bike. It's not that I got lucky, & it's *really* not like you don't need a helmet. What kept me unharmed was 8 years of martial arts & parkour. Studying how to fall, the physics, the theory, & training that into your reflexes over thousands of hours is, in my experience/opinion even more valuable than a helmet, so maybe KB_UK has a point
The young man was talking about a bike problem not about your zoobamanation for office your disrespectful and I hate all candidates wat Reptilian UTB for any of them. Had trouble uploading hope its not a double.

Back