How many of have been hit by a car on a bike...

I seen a few people hit on a bike it was nothing they just got back up brush the dirt off and well .... didn't just get back on their bike ride away unto the sunset some had to throw their bikes over their shoulders carry them away thats the reason for having light frames you might get hit and need to carry them back to a bike shop.
Screenshot_2017-05-19-13-31-22.png

How many of u have been in a biking accident with a car, and how many of u have been close to one, and who hasn't? My mom is worried I will get hit and killed by a car while riding on busy roads. Any of u have anything to say to ease her worries?
I can tell you this, I was in Dallas on a bike 11/23/63 the local cops pick me up took me to what they call Dog Field not Love Field, Dog Field! LBJ wanted all witneses removed on rural road they had their huge K9 dogs grab my pant leg strech my leg out had a car rev up its motor come peeling out at me could of been 85 MPH this was to make it look like it was an accident I was from out of state they wanted put a lid on my death so therre would be no out of state inquiery.

I own a female German sheppard I knew if you swung your leg around kick dogs ass they flip around to the other side, well the car came certain timing swung my foot around hit dogs ass dog traded places car hit the dog! I could hear bones crunch and break body explode the dog went over barbwire fence hit the field I swear almost 200 yards or that one maybe 150 yards roll 50 feet or more kicking up dust. I just turned to the officers yelled TORO and bowed like a great bullfighter dodge the dog they did that to me 3 times fourth dog officer ask its getting late how much do really need that dog to his trainer? he said not much we can lose him. I saw the dogs ears go down the dog understood English, I talk to the dog said, its no longer you against me, me against you its them against us. Said if you bite their hands I can pull a gun from beneath my shirt and killlem. I knew the dog was abuse cop kept hitting his head with fist I told dog hold your tail high in the air the cop will see it try to hit whenhe does you'll see how cruel that is to do to you!

It work cop went for it dog bit his hand walk around tail high in the air cops laugh thought the dog had turned gay, he ran around bit the rest went for gun and shot the hell out of there.

My mom was right I did get hit by a car going 45 mph and ended up in the hospital but luckly walked away with bruise's
Glad you're OK. I'm sure your Mom is glad too. I'm a dad with 4 teenagers. o_O I know about worrying about my kids.
I'm sure I don't have to tell you now:
Drive like every vehicle out there is out to kill you.
And you just might prevent them from doing so.

If you're traveling with the flow of traffic it's less likely that you're going to get hit if you're paying attention. But not all drivers pay attention to you. Most drivers don't know the law. A bicyclist should be treated like a pedestrian. We have the right away regardless. But if you're traveling against traffic you're most likely going to get hit because people don't look right, they look left with their turning right. So it's easier if you're flowing with traffic because they're less likely to turn right when they see you but it still happens and that's why I suggest a dual brake lever because braking and clutch and throttle and all that.... and you get a car that's about to hit you. The less confusion the better. LOL, yeah I've been run off the road a few times but I was traveling against traffic not with the flow. And I'm just waiting for one of these Boca b****** to run into me driving a fancy Tesla or whatever Mercedes and you know what she's going to pay for the rest of her life LOL

I've been hit by cars turning left whom see me comming at them and assume that because it's a bicycle they have time to make the turn infront of me,NOT!I've hit cars turning right after them having to speed up to get infront of me and seeing that I'm carrying speed and still turn in leaving me no where to go and not enough room to fully stop.I've been side swiped by driver/car that has s**tty awearness and changed lanes into me more than once now.The worst as***le so far was pissed that I could pull away from the stop signs faster than he could so he floored it to pass me only to get to another stop sign after 5 of these I tried to pass him on the inside and he was giving it all his car had trying to stay ahead and when he realized that i was going to pass him he put me in the ditch.Going with traffic is a given but still doesn't make it safe,your really only as safe as your skill at being awear of what is going on around you and your ability to stop or get around dangerous hazards and crazy drivers,I've been riding along time and all my riding buddies have numerous horror stories to tell and the wounds and scars to show even missing limbs.I'm one of the few left whom still rides and puts up with the crazy traffic of today and unskilled drivers are every where totaly clueless as to whats going on around them.

Just the other night a fog black ice stormed moved in took 2 different spills my knees are in bad shape but can still walk.

Been hit 3 different times without motor twice going the wrong way on the side, twice it was deliberate once by granny old b**ch music teacher heard I was going be in the neighborhood stalk me for hours got hit, the bike went beneath car b**ch kept giving it gas. I kept pushing myself forward keep from being drag under!

Another time, some zoo b**ch in a Chase Bank Parking lot, bank manager came out gave her hand signals: hit this one, hit this one he has a lot of money we can thug, b**ch hit me so hard from behind in a parking lot went flying a hundred feet through the air, just like Superman. I should of done a judo roll would of been ok, but needed insurance money so came down a little wrong, broke a wrist also busted some guts up, took 3 years to overcome walking leaning sideways to compress the injury made 7 grand off that one Dr. , said we know ya from being a kid in this town take my part of the loot and leave!

Back