How many old farts here still ride a motorized bike!?

That has to be one of the biggest seats I've seen.... evah!

:D

R.I.P. large guy with the big C...
Thanks...he was a heck of a nice guy. Just couldn't build a bike correctly whatsoever. He'd even joke about it. The upside is he did get to reside on earth for 80 years and he did ride a bit. Some do not get even close to this age.
I spent a month in...at MD Anderson's Leukemia hospital with my mom several years ago. To see the babies with that and parents pushing them in wheelchairs is heart breaking for the toughest. It will make you look at life a lot differently and be thankful for everyday you have good alive.

That poor thing had an uphill battle! Its running as best as I can tell a 3:1 chain box with a 44t? Thats a pretty tall ratio(13:1),
not even factoring in the weight!
Sorry to hear about his demise.

That poor thing had an uphill battle! Its running as best as I can tell a 3:1 chain box with a 44t? Thats a pretty tall ratio(13:1),
not even factoring in the weight!
I don't know much about it. I do know this.... I got it running half way decent.... I weigh 155 lbs and it needed pedal assist to get going and not over tax the engine on start up. Once it got rolling it would get you rolling pretty fast. I never trusted it because the chain alignment was way off, so I shut down as soon as the engine really felt like it was where it wanted to be. I would imagine it's a fairly high ratio by the way it felt.
It is on a 44T...When the bike came to me for help the chain was in 2 pieces and wouldn't stay on.
Now it's up for sale...my neighbor asked me how much to ask for it...I have no idea. It's a decent Schwinn and the little 4 stroke runs like a top. It needs a good cleaning and lots of tuning. I have no idea what size the engine is and the manufacturer. There's no label or markings on the engine.

Its a little HS 49cc. It would probably be happier with a rear sprocket in the 50s, but it works as is with lighter riders
like us and or a bit of pedaling to get it near 10mph. Clutch wear is pretty great if a decent pedal speed isnt reached. My shifter starts from still easily and quickly, but its start ratio is 29:1, compared to this ones 13:1. Looks like a decent
bike to straighten out.

Thanks...he was a heck of a nice guy. Just couldn't build a bike correctly whatsoever. He'd even joke about it. The upside is he did get to reside on earth for 80 years and he did ride a bit. Some do not get even close to this age.
I spent a month in...at MD Anderson's Leukemia hospital with my mom several years ago. To see the babies with that and parents pushing them in wheelchairs is heart breaking for the toughest. It will make you look at life a lot differently and be thankful for everyday you have good alive.
Dude... he won.

In my book... if I hit 80... I won! Anything over 80 is BONUS TIME. I hope for some bonus time... but i'll worry about that once I win.

:)

Didn’t mean to get off topic here but he was an old fart too and rode so I guess I didn’t stray too far. Thanks for all the good words and engine advice! I’m sure Frank went out at least feeling like he made it pretty far.
I agree Frizzle.. anyone that makes it to 80 today has won. I’ll be as happy as a… nvm… I’ll be happy if I make 80. 🙂

Back