How Many States Allow Motorized Bicycles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do we do? A new law that limits engine power in Illinois to one hp? Ridiculous. That's about 25 cc. I can walk faster.

So what do we do? A new law that limits engine power in Illinois to one hp? Ridiculous. That's about 25 cc. I can walk faster.

I doubt if they're going to dyno our little weed wacker engines. Mine is not marked....and I'm not going to worry about it. Once the law starts up, I think cops are going to look the other way completely unless you're doing something totally stupid.

Warner

Laws for NJ

Heres what i was able to find for NJ ( i guess they consider them mopeds)

A motorized bicycle (moped) is defined by law as a pedal bicycle with a helper motor, electric or gas-powered, capable of a maximum speed of no more than 25 miles per hour on a flat surface. A moped has a maximum displacement of less than 50 cubic centimeters (no more than 1.5 brake horsepower).

Does anybody else have any information for NJ?

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA... HA-LARIOUS!!

I do remember that NJ isn't the friendliest state toward MBs, but that doesn't seem to stop our outlaw & comrade, arceeguy. :D

In Delaware we are considered Mopeds. Upper limit of 55cc and 25 mph, also front and rear lights are required. The moped must be registered with the state DMV at a cost of $5.00 for a three year tag which must be displayed on the rear of the moped.

Sparky, your back! Rumor had it that 4 girls up at the college were holding you captive and using you as a sex slave. Would have looked better if you had of tried to escape sooner.

Fast"outta here"eddy

New York has different laws regarding mopeds 20mph- no insurance, no helmet, headlight on at all times. 20-30mph insurance required & helmet, 30-40mph drivers license mc endorsed, insurance & helmet required. The 30 to 40 mph moped can use all roads like motorcycles, only restriction is no highway use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back