how many times have u been pulled over

I've been pulled over because they wanted

To know where to get one!

I always follow traffic laws and I always stay at the legal speed even though with the GEBE kit on my recumbent bike can get me to over 40 MPH.

Keep it legal, safe and the cops will leave you alone. Act like a maniac and they will stop you every time.

I wonder if a Recumbent would be stopped less? They don't have the motorcycle look that some regular MBikes get after addons.

I've been wanting a Recumbent for a long time.

pulled over (sucks)

hi all
i never get pulled over here they just look at you
i hope that that doesnt happen here in south australia
in sydney motorized bikes are illegal and that sucks
here we just get looks like what the f@%$ is that
they (goverment) is taking about a rego for 3 party insurance
i love riding my bike to work its 35 degs c (95f) and cooler than the car is
you only get one summer a year so use it
thanks nickk

hi all
i never get pulled over here they just look at you
i hope that that doesnt happen here in south australia
in sydney motorized bikes are illegal and that sucks

thanks nickk

Motorised bicycles are not illegal in Sydney - Sydney is in NSW and comes under the jurisdiction of NSW. I attach the NSW regulations for your perusal.
I think the law regarding motorised bikes is very similar in South Australia. Note no mention of a speed restriction except for mopeds (50 km\hr)

Attachments

• RTA Regulations.pdf
    36.7 KB · Views: 3,102
Last edited by a moderator:
Oregon uses traffic tickets to raise revenue, a sort of taxation without representation. If you are looking for government with common sense, you won't find it here. It costs $50.00 to change the title on a minibike or moped.

Motorized bicycles are considered mopeds, and must have all the stuff that a legal motorcycle has, including direction flashers. They don't call it "The People's Republic of Oregon" for nothing.

I've been stopped many times on small bikes and scooters, but not recently. I will though, because I'm building two motored bicycles, and I'll ride em. The stealth model that I'm building will be hard to spot from a distance.

I never get pulled over, but I look like an old man riding a two wheel golf cart :)

A

That's the best way. I ride quite fast but I always pedal, except on downhills, and I keep an eye out for police cars. If I see one I slow down and make sure I'm pedalling. I obey all road rules and I make lots of signals and I remember that it's the bad riders who will bring on more legislation and restrictions. I get asked to build bikes for kids who look like petrol heads so I tell them I can't help them and I tell them why. I have only been pulled over a couple of times - once was to congratulate me on my night lights and reflectors and the second time was to tell me I was taking up too much road. A cyclist is entitled to the same space as any other road user but I didn't argue the point. Instead I started talking about what it is like to ride a bike in a world of cars and I think they understood that driver attitudes to cyclists need a lot of improvement.
Cyclists attitudes to cars could also be improved and I see some cyclists I'd like to pull over occasionally.

I'm older than dirt, 74, so the cops feel sorry for me and let me go most of the time.

Irish John, those are some good tips. Thank you.

In a way, it's easier to be stopped out here in the country than in a city where you blend in with the other vehicles. Here, vehicles are few and far between, and the sheriff or the State Police can look you over pretty good.

There should be one federal law, maybe an environmental law, that promotes motorized bikes to save gasoline, and take up less parking space. Since the Federal government laws are above the state laws, that would stop the states from picking on motorized bikes and make them back off. (In fact it would be nice to have all motor vehicle laws become standardized according to Federal law, and get the states out of it entirely.)

Who needs the States? They are a pain in the wallet and a great place for corruption opportunities. We have them in Australia and we have had them since the whole Australian population could have fitted into a couple of large foootball stadiums.
It's all quite quaint except they cost so much.
I think Fed law will quite soon have all sorts of incentives for motorised bicycles. Maybe we'll get a 75% grant to buy one - who knows except it's bound to get more attractive to ride one.

I don't want to get into a state's rights rankle...but the last thing we want is the feds running everything. The more local a government is, the better it can serve the people.

Back