how many times have u been pulled over

So far I have ridden my gas bike for around 4 days. And out of thoes 4 days a neighbore at 8:00 or 9:00 P.M. called the police.
When the cop at the end of the street probably 1 or 1 1/2 football fields away from me I spotted him. So I killed my engine as fast as I could. When the cop was just behind me I was pedeling like it was a regular bike. Then I pulled over onto someone's property and acted it was my house. Luckly he just passed me and turned down the street.
But for know I'm not riding my bike mostly at one spot any more.
Keep your eyes out for cops expecially in New Jersey since they like messing with you! They are stupid though so it is easy to trick them in my past expirences.

Looks like we have our "test case". Better get that "49 cc or less" metal tag etched on your engine......

So, New Jersey wants to play.

"Your honor, I am a member of MB.com, and we are developing a true hybrid vehicle for the twenty first century......." "AND will go all the way to the Supreme Court to defend our freedom to ride".

Fill in the middle part as you go along, bada boom bada bing....buffalo them with b.s. :D

I see a legal hallmark (unless they measure the cc thing).

I got a ticket from a motorcycle cop in Orange County, CA. No helmet (that was my own fault 'cuz it's actually required here), no registration, and no insurance (I actually had a motorcycle license on me, so no ticket there). I went to traffic court to plead not guilty, but when I told the judge it was a bicycle with a 2-stroke motor on it, and not a motorcycle, he just dismissed the whole thing. As he looked at the ticket, I politely told him that the make of the bike, "Nirve", is a bicycle company, and the VIN number was really just a number the officer wrote down from a sticker on the bike. That pretty much ended it.

Not bad I guess, considering I drove it all over that neighborhood for over a year and only got stopped once.

IF I ever do get a ticket, or get a court dismissal, I'd laminate that judgment and carry it around in the travel pack for FUTURE use, like a certificate of immunity..... :cool:

Tell the officer- "hey, been there, done that........." :D

bamabikeguy said:
"Your honor, I am a member of MB.com, and we are developing a true hybrid vehicle for the twenty first century......." "AND will go all the way to the Supreme Court to defend our freedom to ride".
In such a case I think it wouldn't be a good idea to point a judge to MB.com. There is alot of 80cc talk here and not to mention the bolt on ID plates. just my .02...Kelly

i have only seen some cops while riding mine once i was doing 20 just cruising then i passed a cop on a bike i opend it up the next 2 miles to my girlfreinds house dont even no if he tryed to catch me didnt look back
id say if given the chance to run and you wernt doing anything else to give the rest of us a bad name and u know you can get alway then run!!!!!!

Running is always a bad idea. If they want you they will get you. As the old saying goes: You might out run the motor but you can't out run the Motorola.

What is fun is riding down the street and here come 2 motorcycle cops one on each side with my blue bike in the middle and their blue bikes on either side it was funny looking (epically since I carry a bright orange water pistol in a holster snapped to my bike for dogs....the gun is filled with ammonia water lol). We talked as we road down the road they got a call and took off but it was fun to see the looks on peoples faces.

Cookie

Hi All, I remember a time many years ago I was a hippy lookin teen riding my Triumph 650 bober thru rural Georgia and got pulled over by the local law and this big fat cop walked up to the bike and looked it over and said " you ain't from round here is you boy" Man I had a bad bad feeling about this one. You gotta remember this took place in 68 / 69 and I was a northerner scared shi*less . Well but it this way I thought I was headed for a road gang at the least. As it turned out I got ticketed for no fenders improper exaust no speedo speeding and a couple of others I don't remember. They let me pay cash for the tickets and let me go , then followed me for 60 miles or so and finally turned off. I bet they put their copys of the tickets in the trash and pocketed the cash. At least they left me with enough gas money to get outa there.

If you were on a fast motorcycle, you probably would be able to ditch the cop if you had a good close place to hide your bike. But these motoredbikes arent that fast, so I would never run, unless you can turn down some alleyway and quickly hide your bike without being seen. I usually just start moving my feet like im pedaling so it looks like a regular bike.

Back