How many Whizzer people?

Whizzer Person checking in! I'm also logging in for the first time in a while, just happened to see this post. I've been distracted by e bikes lately and it's been winter, so I'm sorry. Video of my repop Whizzer NE-5 at the link, and the pic below is from a few weeks ago when I rode it to my dentist's office a good ten mile jaunt from the house. As always, the Whizzer needs help on the hills, but it always get me there ever since we found and removed the carb restrictor plate that came installed on them from the factory. Great bike though, one of my favorites.
View attachment 170485

Hi Steve, I love the Black NE-5 If I had one I would search for the Black Panther chain guard
Introducing yourself on your own thread would of been better.
Not sure if you've done any performance mods and probably not.
I got some performance advice for ya

Since you just found out about the intake restriction plate.
Don't remove it, enlarge the hole to 7/8"
The plate is also insulation to prevent heat transfer into the carb
If your bike is hard to start after it gets hot that's why, the fuel in the float bowl is boiling

I see ya got the 1" intake spacer I know the hole don't line up exactly and it's smaller than the intake port on the cyl and carb
Match the intake spacer hole with the intake port on the cly and carb
If ya jig it up right in a drill press the hole can be easily drilled with a drill press. 7/8" hole

Remove any casting obstructions from the Intake and Exhaust ports

Use #85 main jet if ya got a 22mm carb

Make your own intake gaskets because the gaskets that Whizzer gave ya are for a 26mm carb.

You should advance your Cam dot timing mark one tooth counterclockwise for more power. you'll notice a huge difference
Maybe Whizzer already did it at the Factory?

For even more power so you'll be able to climb those hills shave .060" off the head deck and use a copper head gasket

Adjust your valve lash to Intake .006 Exhaust .008"

Take out of the exhaust pipe baffle and just cut off the first two sections and only use the end part that bolts on
Or buy the high flow baffle from www.whizzercruzzerparts.com/product/exhaust-intake-silencer
I recommend the high flow baffle for best performance, and if it comes with a little back pressure tab on it, cut that off because it hurts performance.

IF ya got oil spitting out from your breather tube the Big Breather will stop that
www.whizzercruzzerparts.com/product/breather-kit/
If your interested I can show ya how to make a smaller breather.

I ❤️ my Whizzer M/B

Hi Steve, I love the Black NE-5 If I had one I would search for the Black Panther chain guard
Introducing yourself on your own thread would of been better.
Not sure if you've done any performance mods and probably not.
I got some performance advice for ya

Since you just found out about the intake restriction plate.
Don't remove it, enlarge the hole to 7/8"
The plate is also insulation to prevent heat transfer into the carb
If your bike is hard to start after it gets hot that's why, the fuel in the float bowl is boiling

I see ya got the 1" intake spacer I know the hole don't line up exactly and it's smaller than the intake port on the cyl and carb
Match the intake spacer hole with the intake port on the cly and carb
If ya jig it up right in a drill press the hole can be easily drilled with a drill press. 7/8" hole

Remove any casting obstructions from the Intake and Exhaust ports

Use #85 main jet if ya got a 22mm carb

Make your own intake gaskets because the gaskets that Whizzer gave ya are for a 26mm carb.

You should advance your Cam dot timing mark one tooth counterclockwise for more power. you'll notice a huge difference
Maybe Whizzer already did it at the Factory?

For even more power so you'll be able to climb those hills shave .060" off the head deck and use a copper head gasket

Adjust your valve lash to Intake .006 Exhaust .008"

Take out of the exhaust pipe baffle and just cut off the first two sections and only use the end part that bolts on
Or buy the high flow baffle from www.whizzercruzzerparts.com/product/exhaust-intake-silencer
I recommend the high flow baffle for best performance, and if it comes with a little back pressure tab on it, cut that off because it hurts performance.

IF ya got oil spitting out from your breather tube the Big Breather will stop that
www.whizzercruzzerparts.com/product/breather-kit/
If your interested I can show ya how to make a smaller breather.

I ❤️ my Whizzer M/B
Wrench thanks for the reply and the tips, I didn't know most of those things and certainly not with regards specifically to my NE5 and similar bikes. As for introducing myself on my own thread being better, I thought I was honoring the OP's request for other Whizzer riders to say hello, so sorry if I somehow thread jacked by posting- wasn't my intention at all

Wrench thanks for the reply and the tips, I didn't know most of those things and certainly not with regards specifically to my NE5 and similar bikes. As for introducing myself on my own thread being better, I thought I was honoring the OP's request for other Whizzer riders to say hello, so sorry if I somehow thread jacked by posting- wasn't my intention at all
You were spot on with your post (y)
My Bad, I think I'm the one who got lost, :LOL: the thread drifted to the subject of saddle bags.
I really need to start paying more attention to the OP :LOL:

Wrench thanks for the reply and the tips, I didn't know most of those things and certainly not with regards specifically to my NE5 and similar bikes.
I think ya need turn signals
The Whizzer hand controls and wiring harness is ready for F&R turn signals

www.whizzercruzzerparts.com Paul will have the turn signal brackets. If ya don't see em ask Paul, I think there still $15 a set
You can probably find turn signal lights alot cheaper and a bigger selection on E bay

I think ya need turn signals
The Whizzer hand controls and wiring harness is ready for F&R turn signals

www.whizzercruzzerparts.com Paul will have the turn signal brackets. If ya don't see em ask Paul, I think there still $15 a set
You can probably find turn signal lights alot cheaper and a bigger selection on E bay
Turns might be nice, and I do believe you're correct I think I've seen the connectors for them amongst my wiring... No project is ever finished, I guess!

Back