How much $ did u waste....

$41.00

The standard registration fee for mopeds is $41.00 registration fee. However, Illinois moped laws state that you will also have to pay a $25.00 private property use tax on top of this.

$66.00 wow that's more than a Pa. fishing license. Not sure who told you $118 buckaroos.

The most $ I've ever wasted was on video games and consoles honestly.

i stop playing a whole lot around 2015ish, still play some, but that's maybe 2 hours in a month.

I've seen a lot more $ in my pocket and going to things like this, I've lost weight, (probably from all the pedaling lol) and generally feel happier, even when crap breaks on me, but that's just the experience of modifying standard bicycles with cheap engines.

the best thing to do is grab cheap kit, runner till shes good, and replace whats broken with better quality stuff.

I’ll in Illinois I will also need turn signals horn and headlight, taillight brake lights. Now if it’s a 50 cc or under I’m great need nothing that’s great in Illinois law . But city bans them so screwed. You're not understanding the Government last year raised everything like small lawn care trailers from 18 dollars to 118 a year.

Last edited:
cant you just say its a 49cc?

I highly doubt the cops going to pull off the cylinder head and use a micrometer to check it :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, you could probably even grind off or fill in the 66cc engraving and engrave 49cc on the other side.

I’ll in Illinois I will also need turn signals horn and headlight, taillight brake lights. Now if it’s a 50 cc or under I’m great need nothing that’s great in Illinois law . But city bans them so screwed. You're not understanding the Government last year raised everything like small lawn care trailers from 18 dollars to 118 a year.
Federal law/state law trumps city ordinance right? say you're passing through town.

I can get away with that once. But the closest town is 15 miles away . My friend told me he lives 5 houses away from me . That they stop him he has a 50cc too. The officer told him they were ban Donald my friend told the officer he didn’t know that. Officer then said you know now. Next time tickets fines. They ran his license and check for warrants.I think it so stupid.

Yes I have a 50cc too . But city bans them so screwed.
Really, I would think a M/B in Illinois would be considered a Moped. As long as it's street legal, Lights etc. Have a D/L & Insurance and pay your yearly state fees it would be OK.
That SUCKS if a M/B it's ban now?

My town label’s them motor assist bikes. There ban. Moped and scooters are good to ride. Someone messed it up for everyone!

Back