How Much Does An MB Really Cost?

How much do have into your "completed" MotoredBike?

• $200 or less

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • $300

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • $400

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • $500

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • $750

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • $1000

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • $1250

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • over $1250

Votes: 16 21.3%

• Total voters
Presently I have a tsunami cyclocross frame on the way, CroMo, a set of 36 hole double wall weiman dp30 rims, continental 25mm hybrid tubeless tires 12 gauge spokes brass spoke nipples Shimano alvivo t4000 front and rear hubs haven't gotten disk or breaks yet trying to decide whether cheap hydrauic single pistons are better than the b7s, sram pg950 9 speed e bike hub and 9 speed chain sram t4 derailuer the stuff to do a rebuild on a happy time left from a not bike project, sbp shift kit.

750 or so in parts I have a good friend at a bike shop and I get an employee discount, they like to have their people on the latest kit. I can't wait to ride it when it's done

Geez I don't know how much but... 160 or so for the original mongoose bike I'm working with, not counting the old engines put through it but 250ish for the bullet train motor I'm working on getting in there, nearly 200 for a decent shift kit, 200 on a nuvinci hub, 30 on the spokes for that hub, 80 in chains, and of course upgraded brakes so another 100 or so...

$1020 in basic parts not counting my clutch lever (no longer in service) or brake lever or plain time/money spent tinkering with various exhausts, carbs, other stuff...

Had almost 1.5k worth of motor bits through it lots of learning experience too. 100% FUN though.

I've learned a lot during my first build so my 2nd build may be cheaper but I'm currently around $1,200.00 (believe me my wife is a constant reminder of every dollar spent lol). I voted $1,250.+ cause I'm in the process of doing lighting, horn, headlight etc. and that'll be over $50.

I would be over 2k by now and have not even started the build..! Ordering gear from the states with a s**t exchange rate and massive shipping costs is a killer.

I've put somewhere in the neighborhood of $1400 into mine. if my time is worth anything probably closer to $3000.
all the little nickel and dime parts add up. that dollar and some change stainless steel or grade 8 fastener quickly gets to $100 over the 70 or so screws your bike has. a good quality cable is $10, but you've got a minimum of 3 cables on the bike, possibly as many as 6. wiring up a lighting system can get pricy quick too, and replacing wear parts like chains, sprockets, clutch pads, rings so on and so forth over the life of the bike gets to be pretty big money.
still cheaper to run than my truck. I did the math and over the 12 years I've owned that thing I've spent almost $70,000 just on fuel assuming a $2 per gallon average.
$70,000 ??
that's 35,000 gallons at $2 a gallon..100 miles a gallon thats 3.5 million miles....you are all lies...

$70,000 ??
that's 35,000 gallons at $2 a gallon..100 miles a gallon thats 3.5 million miles....you are all lies...
I was talking about my truck, which gets 10 miles to the gallon. how despite having put a lot of money into my bike it's still orders of magnitude cheaper than the truck. by the way, despite the marketing wank the China girl doesn't get anywhere close to 100 miles per gallon.

I was talking about my truck, which gets 10 miles to the gallon. how despite having put a lot of money into my bike it's still orders of magnitude cheaper than the truck. by the way, despite the marketing wank the China girl doesn't get anywhere close to 100 miles per gallon.
what kind of truck? make/model/year

the 4.8 is best ls crank pair it with some high compression pistons, long rods, and an aluminum block and a good mid ram intake mani, holley 750ish cfm carb and you have rev city v8

Back