How much does it cost you in fuel per mile?

Measured in smiles, Priceless!
R.0dc7434344a5b3ba2282d506757bcce0

I often have a tank of gas (5 quarts) last for an entire month. Most of my errands are less than 5 miles round trip, though I may make several errands in a day.

I should say oil and fuel. I'm trying to see how much cheaper are bikes then cars to run

On my rocket fuel mix powered bike, it cost a bit over a $1 per mile. On my shifter bike, it's pennies to the mile. And my single speed is about 15 cents to the mile. This is with gas around $4.50-$5 a gallon for the lowest grade 87 non ethanol.

I often have a tank of gas (5 quarts) last for an entire month. Most of my errands are less than 5 miles round trip, though I may make several errands in a day.
I live in a small town (about 3 and a half thousand people) my rides consist of school and back(maybe a mile), napa auto parts (again maybe a mile round trip), and the grocery store that is across the street from the napa.

I live in a small town (about 3 and a half thousand people) my rides consist of school and back(maybe a mile), napa auto parts (again maybe a mile round trip), and the grocery store that is across the street from the napa.
My ride to work alone is 10 miles/16km one way. If I push it to the limit (now that song is in your head) I could, in theory, ride to work and back 5 days on one 4L tank with my Phantom powered Nazz.

In reality, I would probably be pedaling myself halfway home on Friday night.

My ride to work alone is 10 miles/16km one way. If I push it to the limit (now that song is in your head) I could, in theory, ride to work and back 5 days on one 4L tank with my Phantom powered Nazz.

In reality, I would probably be pedaling myself halfway home on Friday night.
Yeah, the only other riding I do is just joy riding around town which still isn't that much riding.

Yeah, the only other riding I do is just joy riding around town which still isn't that much riding.
Oh I do the same thing. I rarely ride to work with a bicycle simply because I value my time and stick to fun rides on the weekends. Occasionally I might ride to work just for the giggles and to mix things up a little bit. My car is so cheap to run that I dont save all that much money when weighed against the convenience it provides.

Back