How much side to side play

HumanPerson

Local time
12:36 AM
How much side to side play should there be on the crank arm?
I ask because i was riding today at 24MPH when the engine made a ton of noise and lost all power.
Walked it home and took it all apart and seen the head and the piston destroyed and the jug isn't in good shape either.
Here are pics of the head and piston. I need a better camera i guess but you can see the damage.
The cranks arm has alot of slop in it, so i am guessing the pin bearings again?
:confused: :mad:

SUNP0009 - Copy.JPG

yep, that has alot of slop in it now and all kinds of pieces of metal inside the crank case as far as i can tell.

Welp, this is the second engine from Dax that did this. I guess i'll be calling him tomorrow to see what can be worked out.
I'm using stihl 2 stroke oil at 5.5 ounces per gallon of fuel so that should be plenty eh?

Who would you recommend as far as Vendors and their engines, if you don't mind me asking.

one rarely sees the big end come out in chunks, so even with the blurry pic I'd guess you lost the wrist pin bearing - might be the high-compression head that caused it rather than the engine brand

how many miles on that motor?

one rarely sees the big end come out in chunks, so even with the blurry pic I'd guess you lost the wrist pin bearing - might be the high-compression head that caused it rather than the engine brand

how many miles on that motor?
It has close to 1100 miles on it.
I'm seeing all kinds of metal in the case, flat pieces, round pieces even small curved square pieces if that makes any sense.

That con rod has so much up and down and side to side slop/movement.
The piston, when it was attached to the connecting rod seems to be quite solid, just the big end down in the crank case is VERY sloppy with alot of movement.

so the wrist pin bearing, one inside of the piston itself seems to be just fine,i can take a pic if need be.
What really causes this to happen though?
I use 5.5 ounces of oil in one gallon of gasoline, not enough?

Back