how register motoped as custom motorcycle in new york

jatgm1

Local time
8:54 AM
how would i register it as a custom motorcycle in new york and what would i need to add to it to make it legal? can i just get on of those street legal kits for dirt bikes online and get street legal tires? if i use the stock 50cc engine its a class B moped if i remove the pedals, so you dont need a motorcycle license, just a drivers license, and insurance and registration. i just dont know how to go about making it street legal. anyone know anything about these matters? thank you in advanced.

everything i have read, largely from the NY DMV website says a motorized bicycle cannot be registered for legal operation on public highways in NY, and there is nothing to suggest a way to convert it to be legal

how would i register it as a custom motorcycle in new york and what would i need to add to it to make it legal? can i just get on of those street legal kits for dirt bikes online and get street legal tires? if i use the stock 50cc engine its a class B moped if i remove the pedals, so you dont need a motorcycle license, just a drivers license, and insurance and registration. i just dont know how to go about making it street legal. anyone know anything about these matters? thank you in advanced.

Vermont isn't too far away...

Back