How safe is it adding front disc

Douchebaggery? Here, among like-minded folks? NEVER! heehee... One thing I have found is the little $9 kit from Amazon that uses the stamped steel attachment point, with two holes for the caliper mount and the offset drop out that attaches it to the wheel, actually works, but with one simple modification: Use two of them, sandwiched together. You'll have to order two kits if you want to do both front and rear, but the doubled up bracket reduces the chances of it folding up under serious braking, which has been the one complaint against this kit.
Also, I'm going to try using a rear mag wheel, since it has a brake rotor attachment point on one side, and a threaded side for a freewheel on the other, and then use a threaded spacer that comes with these mags so I can run dual front disc brakes. Should help my stopping issues, as soon as I figure out how to rig up two cables into one brake lever...
They make dual brake levers.Damien shot a link at bikeberry and amazon got them for I think 12.50 that’s a good price still. I’ll post link if a can find that page

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
BUT.... I also have a 1980-ish HardRock Specialized MTB (no suspension) that I might Disk Brake and 212... have you heard anything, good or bad, about the forks of these bikes? I already have mag wheels,160mm brakes, and of course, the Predator 212 Hemi waiting for it.
This is a stock photo of what I found at Goodwill for cheap...
I wouldnt be the one to ask about this type of set up your trying since your dealing with a 4 stroker motor, i do not yet have the experience of adapting these bikes to a 4 stroke set up, only 2 stroke...I have seen here in the forums that 4 stroke setups tend to have their own idiosyncracies to over come...Hopefully one of the 4 stroker guys will have some sage advice as to what works best with what your proposing to do...DAMIEN

I wouldnt be the one to ask about this type of set up your trying since your dealing with a 4 stroker motor, i do not yet have the experience of adapting these bikes to a 4 stroke set up, only 2 stroke...I have seen here in the forums that 4 stroke setups tend to have their own idiosyncracies to over come...Hopefully one of the 4 stroker guys will have some sage advice as to what works best with what your proposing to do...DAMIEN
THX! Just wondering if anyone was familiar with the fork- compared to a Cranny, which everyone has poo-pooed.

THX! Just wondering if anyone was familiar with the fork- compared to a Cranny, which everyone has poo-pooed.
I have to say poo poo to the Cranbrook as well, but only because it is the only one i built where the frame actually broke/snapped clean through the tubing in 2 places on me running a 2 cycle setup...That was on the tubing going from the seat to the crank...I wouldnt even want to think about what it would do with the added weight of a 4 cycle under torque...That is why i went with the Hyper Cruiser frame with this build since the frame tubing is beefy-er than the Cranbrook with much better welds as well...DAMIEN

WOW-now I'm getting paranoid of my Assburgered Cranbrook with the 53cc kit on it.... I just rode it to work tonight and it made the trip with no hiccups. Of course we all want more power..... Glad I'm NOT going to do the 212 on it. Thanks for the info!

Back