how should i fix my engine?

Update

The guy got back with me the next day and said I could get a new cap at any motorcycle shop for a couple of bucks and that shipping would cost him more than that but he would ship if I insisted. I didn't I thought it was cool he got right back with me and offered though
Mark

I'm glad you posted this. I'm new at this too. And of course I've been on eBay as well. I purchased a Grubee 50cc from eBayer "bigboyoutlet". I've been on the phone with them several times. I think they're basically a drop shipper for gasbikes.com. I found out today my motor is on the way is expected to arrive next Monday. I bought from them because of the Grubee name and it was about 20 or 30 dollars cheaper than everyone else I've seen. I've seen the auctions posted by the guy you bought yours from. I just have a tendency to go with companies/corporations with stuff like this. I feel I have a better chance at getting problems taken care of moreso than dealing with individuals that are just out to make a quick $. In any case, I think the sellers ought to make good on broken items at their cost, not yours. They at least ought to give the buyer an option to take out insurance on their orders. I don't know if name dropping is allowed on this post as I have not been a member long enough to know all the tricks of the trade just yet, but as the old saying goes, " A satisified customer is always your best advertisement", then why not. To me that's just one member helping the other members. Weed out all the junk and the bad sellers ! Just my opinion !

There is a technique/process call "brazing" I think, not sure, I don't know much at all about welding, but I do know aluminum can be welded or brazed together. A good friend of mine owns a machine shop and I've seen him do it. So you might try a welding shop. I have no idea what the cost might be on stuff like this, I just know it can be done. Hope this helps.

Back