how should i fix my engine?

J

jake

my powerhouse arrived damaged. how shoule i fix it?
1256_PHOT0026_1.jpg

and also, is there any way to tell if i have one of the dax motors or kings or whoever else's there are?

Where did you buy it from?

and the position of that cooling fin shouldn't affect the engine cooling in any dramatic way, anyone else here correct me if you think otherwise. I don't really know how you would reattach it.

i got it off of ebay. the seller was "devrou" and the item# was 150118459035. i know the picture in the description was a stock photo he stole from another site so it doesn't help.

He says he's got a website, tech supports, ect, and also if the item arrives damaged he replace it.

Call him up, send the thing back, or have him ship you a new head.

BTW, those are 70cc kits and just like everybody elses...nothing special or different (upgraded ect) That's all just hype.

I'd email the seller and tell them the cylinder head was damaged in shipping. If they don't hook you up with a new one I'd try some of that aluminum epoxy and stick it back on there. The engine will run fine without the fin and it shouldn't affect the cooling very much but its nice to have. Is the bubble wrap all it was packed with?

i'd first assume the dealer wants to make it right, then i'd give him a chance to do so.

email him that pic, i bet you'll be good to go 8)

if that doesn't work, email him a link to this thread :p

i had a look at the item for giggles...

yaknow, guys...i really wish these sellers would quit with the hoopla: "the best kit" & "free HD roller-tensioner" or
"FREE frame adapter!"...just get down to the nuts-n-bolts of what components your particular kit includes, along
with an accurate pic :censored:

I just broke 4 fins off the jug of my newer engine about 3 weeks ago and it has not affected at all so far.
It fell off my workbench! Ouch!!!!
Doc :eek:

I just got a kit from the same guy and the spark plug cap is broken this
is my third kit from ebay and the first time I've gotten anything damaged, I wrote the guy through ebay then went to pay pal and got his reg e-mail address its
seandevrou@yahoo.com. Please let me know if he made it right for you I'm just starting to build these bikes and will be buying more kits but I want to deal with someone who stands behind what they sell. I just got my kit today so I'll wait to see what this guy does before i trash or praise him the motor looks alot nicer than the one I got from boygoesfast.

Back