How to adjust float level?

Solux

Local time
11:19 AM
Hello all, I've checked everything on my bike to get it started, spark, compression, etc. Fuel is getting to the carb, however I don't think it's getting to the cylinder. Spark plug is dry, and when I squirt a bit of fuel in the spark plug area, it turns over but doesn't keep running. So I think it's the carb not getting fuel in there. I disassembled the carb today and cleaned it out really well, but how do I raise float level? I read somewhere you bend that little U/ horseshoe clamp? But which way do I bend it so fuel goes into the cylinder? Thanks for all your help! Thing is driving me nuts!

I mean the head base gasket or the crank-shaft seals or intake gasket.

With the carb upside down, bend the tab toward carb.

To check for vacuum leak on your case, wipe the bottom of your motor with a clean paper towel, if it comes up wet, there's a leak.

With the carb upside down, bend the tab toward carb.

To check for vacuum leak on your case, wipe the bottom of your motor with a clean paper towel, if it comes up wet, there's a leak.
Thanks for the tips bud. So, it's 2am and I was bored. So I took off the carb again. Realized the main jet was clogged, so cleaned it out. I was excited, thought it had to be this! But turns out that's not the issue either! So, there's spark, fuel to carb, fuel in float bowl, but it's not getting up to cylinder. Through all the troubleshooting, that only leaves compression right? I put my finger over the intake port, and turned over the engine. But didn't notice much. What do you look for? I'm still new to working on these things. If it is compression, what do I need to do? Take the whole engine apart? Replace some gaskets? It seems to turn over when I put fuel down the spark plug hole, but only goes for a second, obviously, since no fuel from carb feeds to cylinder. I feel I'm one step away from getting this thing back on the road!

Attachments

• 20200731_023921.jpg
    20200731_023921.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 20200731_024059.jpg
    20200731_024059.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 128
Okay, that's the needle, did you try squirting a little brake cleaner through the needle tube before you put the jet back in?

Pull the plug and put your finger in the spark plug hole and turn it over again, see if you can feel the pressure.

Finally got it running again! Turns out it was the main jet after all! Thank you all for your assistance!

Back