How to attach throttle to oko carb

TogaMadMan

Local time
10:10 AM
I just got my reed upgrade with the oko carb and was trying to attach the throttle cable but it was to short, do I need a specific cable and if so which one?

Attachments

• 63F277BE-09EF-4F6C-BD9B-B02CA9EE4834.jpeg
    63F277BE-09EF-4F6C-BD9B-B02CA9EE4834.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 189
If you need a little more cable you can trim the cable housing, it's a little tricky but can be done. You cut off what you need to remove then split it length wise to get it off. Be careful not to Nick the cable inside, the metal Ferrell on some will slide off the housing and can be pushed down the cable then reused once the cable is housing is shortened. To test if this will work see if your cable end will come off the housing first, good luck,

Seems to me you should be able to flip the intake 180 degrees and put the carb on the other side of the bike, then your cable should reach.

Yes, you may need one that's a little bit longer I two kits and though all cables to carbs are alike found out neither carb or cable will interchange each carb needed it's own cable and specific length.

Good luck on finding the right one.

Greasy Chris said "Are your adjusters screwed all the way in. I use an oko and stock cable and don't have an issue"
And I also use the stock cable with an oko!

Back