How to build the Utopian Motorized Bicycle Forum

I already know, with a little creativity, we can cause tidal waves, not ripples.

Let's say you, Cookie, in your "spokeswoman" role, slipped a note to the Tuscon newspaper.

And we need a myth, let's just use the US versus Aussies coast to coast challenge in 2007, it's not official, but I'm psyching up anyway.

And let's pretend that the new Tuscon legislation has become a hot topic amounst the hundreds/maybe thousands of semi-affluent participants, and that the Australians have already proposed avoiding Arizona all together, not just Tuscon.

And that the east coast folks doing the whole two month tour are thinking of joining the Australian boycott, just do 47 states, and leave Hawaii/Alaska and Arizona out.

And the reason you are writing is for clarification, what is the "problem" that they have, what studies proved their arguement, how disappointed you are having such fond childhood memories of the Grand Canyon, hate that the Aussies are going to miss it .......

That reporter will spill all the info in one big blurt. Tell the reporter to fill you in via an e-mail, WHAT'S THE POOP, SCOOP?

He/she will weasel out that town council with a little flattering "Request for information so I can cool the Aussies off".

Just a thought ;)

i think that is a fabulous idea! if they are gonna be peckerheads about biking we might as well play the game. :devilish: that's the way things are gonna happen and we have to use the resources (the hungry press peeps) to our advntage. way to go.

by the way, i think a spokeswoman is a great idea.

Oh young Jacksonian,

You don't know how much fun mischievous Jeffersonians can have.

Cookie will let the poor reporter worry a bit, then in another week or so say some NY attorneys on bikes are contemplating a "disruption of interstate commerce" clause against Tuscon specifically, because of the thousands of dollars being staked and wagered.

A week later: Does Tuscon know how much a federal lawsuit costs to defend? How easy a "cease and desist" order is to generate with NY lawyers?

2 weeks later: And that doesn't include all the lost tourist dollars, because we only eat at locally owned diners......

The sky's the limit.....when bulls**t is flying....

viva la revultion!!!

Geeeeeeee guys I get sick and get off the site a few days and find out I am leading a revolution LOL
The ones we need to get are the ones that live in tuson and send them as much info as we can get.
When is this law comming up for the vote?
can anyone get the phone # of the guy they intervewed??
who brought this up to the councel?
in other words anyone here live in tuson ???

A separate section for Electric bicycles would be cool as well. I own one and is interested in general about motorized bikes, gas powered or not.

This "definition" is really coming together.

"Light" versus "regulated". On the scale of "characteristics" we REALLY ARE leaning toward bicycles/the UNmoped.

TWalker earlier, and rightly so, said turn the engine off when in a serious speedtrap. Smoky Bear has his windows up (according to Click and Clack the Tappet Bros, aerodynamics PREVENT new models from driving with a window down, because of a vacuum causing accoustic nightmare effects).

But really bicycle laws apply more than anything else.

Wiggling out of the 80 cc bugaboo MIGHT be eased with a small "inspection sticker" that specifies "47.5" cc. I mean, you won't testify under oath that the thing is under 50cc, but simply point to the inspection sticker and say "I dunno, whaddaya think?".

Back