How to carry a motorized bike safely on a bike rack

DanTheDIYGuy

Local time
10:40 AM
I am looking for ideas or pictures for how other people may carry their motorized bikes on the back of a car. Specifically what type of rack you use, or if there's a better way. I want to take my bike up to the mountains, but I don't want to ride all the way there XD

Thanks for any responses.

20180311_151915.jpg

Platform hitch racks are the best for motorized bikes because they absolutely can not move or swing around in the rack. Your paint satys scratch less and nothing is banged around. They sell anywhere from about $70-$500, but make sure you check the weight capacity for the rack and the tongue weight limit on your hitch. I had to buy a new rack because my bike got too heavy. Its the Hollywood Racks Sport Rider SE2 2-Electric Bike Platform Rack - 1-1/4" and 2" Hitches and it can carry up to 160lbs. A bit pricey though. Ideally, you would avoid the rack all together with using a truck, but if you don't have one, platform racks are the best you are going to get. This is a stock photo of the rack I have in the mail:
download.png

Platform hitch racks are the best for motorized bikes because they absolutely can not move or swing around in the rack. Your paint satys scratch less and nothing is banged around. They sell anywhere from about $70-$500, but make sure you check the weight capacity for the rack and the tongue weight limit on your hitch. I had to buy a new rack because my bike got too heavy. Its the Hollywood Racks Sport Rider SE2 2-Electric Bike Platform Rack - 1-1/4" and 2" Hitches and it can carry up to 160lbs. A bit pricey though. Ideally, you would avoid the rack all together with using a truck, but if you don't have one, platform racks are the best you are going to get. This is a stock photo of the rack I have in the mail

Thank you panmines! Beautiful bike too :)

Back