how to drive off the axle?

the13bats

Local time
7:33 AM
20180815_224531.jpg

My OCD and ADD started kicking and my mind engaged,
I was going to do a trailer pusher style,

But now out of curiosity lets say i wanted to mount the engine 79cc at the moment out the rear on a plate and chain drive the axle, but seems the axle would require a large sprocket too large to clear the frame work,

So anyway around that?

Is it possible and at all practical to drive this axle?

Thanks for ideas and opinions,
Cheers
b

Use 1 of those sprockets with a gear reduction box aka a transmission. Seems there's plenty of room to put a bigger sprocket if needed where the ones are now. Because of torque issues using only 1 side of the axle a pillow block on the other side would help. If you need expert advice talk to Dave at Staton's site. He deals in trikes a lot, send him pics of what you have and want to do.

Im pretty sure in my case im gonna keep it simple and cheap and go pusher trailer style, all i need to do that is the mini bike wheel and sprocket,

These questions i have about mounting the engine out back of the frame are more to reference theory so i can learn something about gearing etc,

I dont really like bugging businesses for tech when its very unlikely i will buy anything from them,

You think a big enough sprocket on my axle would clear my frame, how about tooth count and how big approximate, side to side is tge sprocket you have in mind then i can go mrasure from my axle and see if the frame is less than half the sprocket away from axle,

Another possible issue is the so called transmission for a 79cc looks like it mounts so your drive is behind engine, ie mini bike,
In my case my engine would be behind the axle chain going forward from engine to it i do not know if the trans will mount to engine that way....

I've got a used Staton Gearbox that would work perfect for your project in the For Sale Section of this Forum. $100 shipped Free.

Back