CVT How to Fix It

inspectorcritic

Local time
5:54 PM
How do I Fix This? The pivot barrel is flush is the problem on the other side? The length is
1 . 1/16th inch doubt if sheard off. I turn the motor over while jaming the piston stop still turned over is that normal or broken crank arm? Since I done that did it upset my timing?
IMG_20170512_101247.jpg
IMG_20170512_101206.jpg
IMG_20170512_101247.jpg

if you didn't have that out and lose the ball bearing that is supposed to sit behind it, then you've pushed it so far in that it is stuck inside the shaft (happens sometimes, but rare)
if bearing is missing pull that bucking bar out with a strong magnet (rotor from mag is good) and put in the 8mm bearing (5/16inch is close enough)
if it is just stuck, then put a rag over it so it doesn't fly out & get lost while you gently tap on other side of clutch to unstick it

if you didn't have that out and lose the ball bearing that is supposed to sit behind it, then you've pushed it so far in that it is stuck inside the shaft (happens sometimes, but rare)
if bearing is missing pull that bucking bar out with a strong magnet (rotor from mag is good) and put in the 8mm bearing (5/16inch is close enough)
if it is just stuck, then put a rag over it so it doesn't fly out & get lost while you gently tap on other side of clutch to unstick it
Are you sure there is a ball bearring behind it. I think it is stuck in a position of friction and non friction so it won't start up. Is there a diagram of the motor componets somewhere?

Are you sure there is a ball bearring behind it. I think it is stuck in a position of friction and non friction so it won't start up. Is there a diagram of the motor componets somewhere?
Of course there is!But for now here's the one you need!#24 is the ball bearing.
ClutchDiagram.jpg

jeez, haven;t seen that diagram in a while - note the nut & washer on the clutch arm and lack of locking screw for flower nut - must be at least 15 years old

jeez, haven;t seen that diagram in a while - note the nut & washer on the clutch arm and lack of locking screw for flower nut - must be at least 15 years old
Yeah it's old an original grubee diagram but still a good reference for most of it is still the same lol!

Back