How to fix my chain from breaking.

Get a 420 chain or a D-41 to cut the chain you may need to go to Harbor Freight get chain splitter, it's gonna cost $17.00 with tax weighs about a pound, really heavy duty but I hate citing with a hacksaw or filing for 3 hours to do a 5 minute job.
Also, you may need to play with your drop out brackets on placing the axel maybe half way in I know it's a b**ch to cut the chain take out just one link now it's too damn right when just prior there was to much slop.
It's a pisser and a sweater taken a chance.

Nice! Dennis Kirk has these for $33. A little spendy, but really nice ;-)

Pro Taper 415 Gold Series MX Chain - PT415MX-120

• Lightweight, ultra high-strength chromoly construction
• Premium Gold Series MX chain
• Designed for 50cc applications
• 4,945 lbs. tensile strength
Makes my $80 (with shipping) 415 DID ERZ chain sound way overkill 🤣. I thought it was the only other option lol

I’ve got one 415 chain on a bike that has been on it since June 2011, it came from tractor supply, I would say that some do last.

I’ve got one 415 chain on a bike that has been on it since June 2011, it came from tractor supply, I would say that some do last.
I've got one with a few thousand on it. Rk chain. Adjusted it twice in its life. Way better than kit chain. This stuff is racing chain. If I stretch it with my motors, I'm either good, or got a bad batch of chain. I'm leaning towards the later if it ever happens. Lol. Just have to get quality chain.

I have to take out a link and add a half link. I'm putting on an arched tensioner and have to shorten the chain. I ordered the half link and a chain tool from the Berry. It's waiting for me in my mail box. I hope the chain tool isn't a piece of junk. It looked good in the picture :-\

Attachments

• P1020557.JPG
    P1020557.JPG
    278.7 KB · Views: 117
Let me correct myself, my chain is 41 not 415. I have one 415 on a bike that’s been good so far, its a couple of years old.

I'm breaking the chain with a cutoff wheel on my hand grinder. Just cut the pin ends and pry the strap off. I'll use the chain tool to push in the pin of the half link, then replace the master link. That's how I hope it's going to work ;-)

Attachments

• half_link_400x.jpg
    half_link_400x.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 102
Harbor Freight has this one...
  • Suitable for chain sizes #420, #428, #520, #525, and #530
  • Extracting punch size: 1-1/8 in. L x 1/8 in. diameter

Attachments

• ChainBreaker.jpg
    ChainBreaker.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 107
Back