How to get your bike to go faster!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

highonlife613

I was wondering what possible ways I could do to get my motorized bicycle to go faster!!! let me know thanx!!!!

faster

You can a. go downhill
b. ride with slower bikes thereby creating the illusion of speed
c. peddle like crazy

d. tie it to the back of a faster machine

e. pour in some of granny clampets rumatiz medicine

f. get a bigger engine

Faster Pussycat

What kind of setup you got? You could always switch sprockes & go with a higher gear, probably lose some low end torque though. Whats you top speed now?

Good Luck

DBR

exaust mod

i did what the guy said and removed the screw and pulled apart the exaust pipe (muffler) and cut the tube off abuot 3 or 4 inches. the engine sounds better and has better exeleration . i don't know if this will cause any undue stress or strain on the thing but so far not a problem. I'm now turning my attention to a better intake manifold. Tom in W.V.

yeah i was wondering about taking some of the exhaust wont cause some more strain on the engine you know cut the life epextancy and gas mileage

im(h)o, i don't think there'd be any benefit to polishing anything, there's just not enough throughput to make a difference, and modifying the stock pipe (too much) could possibly reduce engine life, as backpressure is an important factor. i'd suggest keeping a top-end rebuild kit handy if you're gonna get too extreme.

as a former owner of several kawasaki 3-cylinder rocketsleds, i'll be holding out for an expansion chamber exhaust...i think i saw one listed on one of the chinese wholesaler sites, so i'll wait for someone to get one and report on it.

has anyone been able to compare performance between the old and new carb by any chance? can these things be re-jetted?

right on, cookie, thanks.

i don't even own a motor'd bike yet, but i do know engines. i ab-so-lute-ly cannot wait to finally get my hands on one of these kits, then we'll see what's what.

i'll be buzzin along about mid-november depending on ebay, paypal, & shipping.

Kits

The kits are easy to put together BUT they will make you pull your hair out at times ......it is the little things (the motor is simple 2 stroke) but like I said it is the little things.

We will get and put the motors on the bikes and will help those that want to do it themselves one day a guy came to our shop at 8am and did not leave untill 7pm it was all the little adjustments that drove him nuts and he said if we could not help him he would have thrown the motor in the trash......OH NOOOO ....he did not have the help from the guys on the web like I had when I started and beleve me all the guys have helped now a littel over a yr. I am helping guys now :) .

Just make sure you get a good bike, a beach cruser is the best esp the ones with the cruser break ,I am waiting for the price to go down on the disk breaks I want to try one of those .

Cookie

Cookie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back