How to get your bike to go faster!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of speed-
I was going on a inclined grade in the Ozark Mtns, and the flashing sign "you are going" flashed 27-28 mph.

I hit another of those signs on the E.Alabama 400 mile tour a few weeks ago, saw another of those signs outside a school zone, (remember I was loaded down with that 3-man tent), so I aerodynamically leaned down into it (straightaway), hit 33-34 mph, with about 40 lbs of extra travel supply weight.

So I calculate 35 on local straightaways, 38 on major downhills. But because of my public relations type touring, when I divide miles traveled by hours on the bike, doing maybe 200-250 in a day, it always works out to TWENTY MILES PER HOUR, INCLUDING UMPTEEN PIT STOPS.

Hello Bama , I'm working on a travel VW camper bus and when its done and ready I'll be traveling around in it with the bike tied on the back for day trips and overnighters. Perhaps I'll drop by . I was wondering how far you traveled in a day on one of your trips and now i know. We shall ride together one day my man no question about it. If not you gotta at least give me tips of travel before i get too far into it. Hey thats a good name for an article by you ( tips of travel)you would be the one to know. although I have herd of another guy who takes long runs I think he's from out west. Whens your next journey planed for? Maybe i'll see ya before then. Peace Tom in W.V.

travel tips would be an excellent subject for the experienced among us to share with all. :D

i took my longest ride so far today.... about two miles round trip :)

I take 20 - 25 mile trips almost daily. Well i did until the weather got so cold. i want and need a thin snowmobile suit but haven't gotten one yet. The weather around here (west virginia) is turning colder by the day. I want to by a vw camper this year and take trips in it to warmer places ...... I will get it soon. i have borrowed and saved to the tune of 3,000 so far and will be getting one next month . Then its off i go into the wild blue oh thats airplanes well off I go onto the wild black asphalt... Later Peace Tom in W.V.

there is alot of basic things you can do to get it to go faster.
i did one thing to my 26inch and it is one of the fastest ive ridden
1 you can get a smaller sproket, switch it from the stock 48 tooth or whatever size it is and get something around 36 teeth. i did that and increased the speed about 20 mph no joke

2 port the intake and exaust, take a dremmel and make the intake and exaust holes on the head a little bigger to increase the flow also grind down the piston on the exause side just a little to let it excape faster.

3 deck the cylinder (not recomended) but if you have something that can keep it level and smooth take bairly any off to give it more compression.
keep in mind tho that if you mess up your going to need a new cylinder.

4. nos kit. get a co2 tire pump (ultraflate) and go to a headshop/ smoke shop and get the little nitrogen canasters and run a line into your air filter close but not directly into your carb. the canasters dont fit in the tirepump so u have to space it with washers. dont run the nos straight into the intake because it forces the airfuel mixture out of the carb and runs the motor on striaight nitrogen which will blow it up or sieze it.

i only recomend 1 or 2 because those dont do damage to the motor like 3or 4 can. but ive seen all of them done and seen bikes run crazy speeds like around 55 60 mph. ive also seen a motor blow all the gaskets on it when running nos, and other motors trashed because they were decked to much

another crazy mo-fo on the board :devilish:

before i had mine, i had thought wrongly about a few things, i will be polishing the ports during the worst of winter, and santa knows i want a 36-toother for x-mas 8)

but, since i like my teeth, i won't be doing any nitrous :?

Nitrous

Wow that sounds like a great idea. We need to talk latter about the Nitrous. When I get an 80cc. I am so happy.

I had my bike clocked by the local cops at 56 that is when my pucker factor ran out (ask augie what that is ) and I am running just a regular 80cc cruser ......no need for no damn nitro I have enough road rash scars and do not need to add to them at all.

Cookie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back