How to get your bike to go faster!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that like when you look down at your speedo & realize your "new" k1000p is doing 120mph, and you kinda sorta forgot to check the brakes at 60mph?

it was just so quiet, i had no idea.... :eek:

try1897 said:
Hello Bama , I'm working on a travel VW camper bus and when its done and ready I'll be traveling around in it with the bike tied on the back for day trips and overnighters. Perhaps I'll drop by . I was wondering how far you traveled in a day on one of your trips and now i know. We shall ride together one day my man no question about it. If not you gotta at least give me tips of travel before i get too far into it. Hey thats a good name for an article by you ( tips of travel)you would be the one to know. although I have herd of another guy who takes long runs I think he's from out west. Whens your next journey planed for? Maybe i'll see ya before then. Peace Tom in W.V.

:unsure: Okay, Wednesday, I'll start the topic "Tips of Travel". w/pix if I get the handle on the NEW features.

tentative ideas : clothes to pack, VERY important supplies, picking a route, things that DID NOT WORK, solo versus group riding. Answer some of the big questions:

How come you should NOT camp under a cedar tree in Kansas. !
Why you should not wear DENIM.
Where can you find an air mattress that is LIGHT and lasts more than one night....... :devilish:

If you can think of anything else QUESTIONS OR CRAZY IDEAS, post it under here, and I'll either hit it on the head or absolutely miss it by 20 miles. When you ride a bike around, you think of IDEAS that never pan out, so put them below this comment and I might learn something too.

The funny part is after I did the Denver round trip, some Canadian tried to do a 500 miler, packed SO MUCH STUFF, his brother had to rescue him with his pickup truck from some dire situation.

Rich poor thing

I do not get the quote. What does that saying mean? Not being sarcastic. I just do not really know.

bird said:
1 you can get a smaller sproket, switch it from the stock 48 tooth or whatever size it is and get something around 36 teeth. i did that and increased the speed about 20 mph no joke

What does this do to your acceleration? I have been thinking of doing this for a while but i figured you would have more problems going up hills and starting and such.

that's right, Tom...what you gain in speed you lose in pulling/climbing/accelleration.

its not to bad you can still get ok acceleration its actually pretty good up hills i have to go up this big one on the way home from school and its still pulls about 38 uphill. i heard that 36 is the smallest size you can use without loosing to much bottom end. but my friend has a 20 inch with like a 26tooth sproket but also decked and ported his motor and got running about 46mph flat ground. and yes it was it was a 20inch it siezed tho cuz some kid ran it with out oil total waste of some handy work.

I must get a smaller sprocket. I have been waiting forever to get past this 25mph wall that I cannot exceed. I am so excited!

BIRD LOVE THE SITE !!!!

Guess sending all those letters to OK did the trick :) Good work guys

Cookie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back