How to improve HF 79cc performance?

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
6:44 PM
Better clutch? the china clutch I have does this thing where it catches makes a noise and shuts the engine off. Maybe a better clutch will help. I know there's no billet rod for the 79cc so that leaves performance pipe, heavier valve springs and maybe shaving the head. In my mind a better option would be to get a lifan lf160F 4hp might get into the 40 mph range. Don't really want a 212. On my bike the 79's top speed was about 30 mph but it would take a ton of pedaling until the engine would finally take over. If you were stopped and hit the gas the thing would barely move. An obvious reason is the governor but without better parts to deal with the rpm the engine wouldn't last. I already have an NGK plug for it. I might put the 79cc on my mini chopper or sell the engine with the transmission, pipe and mounting plate and just buy a 110cc semi auto.

Ditch the stock carb and put a VM22 carb on it. You will have to oil the clutch on the shaft, closest to the engine. That will stop the chatter. And of course an exhaust header.

And see if you can find a belt drive torque converter 5/8".

Back