Deleted Member 4613

Is this a nutball idea or not. Use stronger springs on the
clutch so it catches at a higher rpm, and use a belt
drive to the back wheel to reduce the shock on the
clutch. The clutch would catch at a higher rpm,
resulting in more torque. Would love input on
this. Is this crazy or not? Anyone tried messing
with the springs?

Not nutball or crazy- but also not correct. If you use cause the clutch to engage at a higher rpm, it has no effect on the engines "torque". What will occur, is that the clutch will engage at a different point in the torque curve. Have a look at the graph- I think a typical clutch hooks up around 2500rpm, lets say you bump that to 3000rpm- you are actually at a point on the curve where the engine is producing less torque. What will be the result? I couldn't tell you, spin the tire? bog down? I suppose many factors come in to play. And regarding the belt, I have no experience there- I hope the belt is not so 'stretchy' that it makes a significant shock reduction.

Is this a nutball idea or not. Use stronger springs on the
clutch so it catches at a higher rpm, and use a belt
drive to the back wheel to reduce the shock on the
clutch. The clutch would catch at a higher rpm,
resulting in more torque. Would love input on
this. Is this crazy or not? Anyone tried messing
with the springs?
well, what engine are you talking about?
is it a small 49cc engine, or is it like a predator 212?

your best bet it increase torque is to gear it higher (ie go up teeth on the rear sprocket)

on the 49cc the clutch engagement is set pretty good on these engines, its not too high that it has to rev to the moon to engage, but its not so low that it stalls out. you could use heavier springs (beleve pocket bike springs might work on the inter-graded clutch ones) it wont increase torque but it will have more acceleration off the bat (more rpms makes it engage harder, so then there no mid power bog)

on the 212s there set a little to low imho, you can get a max-torque black spring to compensate (engages around 3200 rpms, perfectfor a modifed 212)

Just trying to improve power from a dead stop, if possible. I
I know about gearing, but looking other ways to improve
torque from a dead stop. I have a Huasheng with an EZ
q-matic drive, and it is a pig from a standstill.

Thinking about dumping out on the 142F/q-matic
and purchasing a 144F/4g trans.

Dude. It’s a 50cc 4-stroke. What do you expect from it? If you want torque get a 2-stroke

If you want a higher engagement speed with a better grab than stock, then the staton inc clutch is the way to go. If you have the straight shaft version, it costs a tad more. If you have the tapered shaft hs, then here's the version for you. If you plan on upgrading to the 144f, then get the tapered shaft clutch, since the 144 only comes with a tapered shaft. The 144f has 25% more torque than the 142f. Choose wisely, and you can always use the parts you remove for a cheap build to sell off, to get some of your cash back.

Hey Mike- maybe give this thread a read.

Grubee says the following- which is hilarious to me “slightly more torque” and “like goosing a Lamborghini”
  • 53cc displacement gives slightly more torque and rpm than a 49cc.
  • These 53cc HS engines have No RPM limitation ignition system.
  • Engine comes alive when you twist the throttle! Like goosing a Lamborghini.
  • Has a TCI round barrel ignition coil.
  • Muffler with right side exhaust elbow.
  • No plastic top mounted gas tank like on 49cc HuaSheng engines.
  • Same Mounting pattern as the 49cc HuaSheng F142-1G CC engine.
  • Base mounting hole pattern is for M6 bolts and is 54mm x 112mm
  • PTO M6 bolt mounting is 100mm dia. about shaft centerline
  • 144F-1G 53cc leaves Governed 49cc engines in the dust!
All of that with just 4cc’s more 🙄

Back