How To Increase Torque Of A 4 Stroke

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
Hey Mike- maybe give this thread a read.

Grubee says the following- which is hilarious to me “slightly more torque” and “like goosing a Lamborghini”
  • 53cc displacement gives slightly more torque and rpm than a 49cc.
  • These 53cc HS engines have No RPM limitation ignition system.
  • Engine comes alive when you twist the throttle! Like goosing a Lamborghini.
  • Has a TCI round barrel ignition coil.
  • Muffler with right side exhaust elbow.
  • No plastic top mounted gas tank like on 49cc HuaSheng engines.
  • Same Mounting pattern as the 49cc HuaSheng F142-1G CC engine.
  • Base mounting hole pattern is for M6 bolts and is 54mm x 112mm
  • PTO M6 bolt mounting is 100mm dia. about shaft centerline
  • 144F-1G 53cc leaves Governed 49cc engines in the dust!
All of that with just 4cc’s more 🙄
Those extra 4ccs bumps torque from 2 nm to 2.5 nm, ungoverened brings max revs from 6870 to 9300 (max I've seen).
I noticed a huge difference when I swapped my 49cc to the 53cc, and then my engine roared when I put an ungoverned mag and flywheel on (both are required to ungovern it, one change will put ignition timing too far off to run right, needs both). The new 144s have the older flywheel and mag, I assume. The engine was governed to prevent over-revving that led to conrod failure. I haven't seen failure over-revving my 144, and I've had it ungoverned for a few years.

The 142f with the straight shaft could be upgraded with $70 Staton clutch, plus
some additional parts, and then adding a 4G Grubee belt drive for an additional $130,
so the total is about $200. I might as well buy the 144f (53cc) with larger displacement
and, no governor. Right now, I'm stuck with the hs142F straight shaft 5/8 inch.
I'm going to attempt to sell the entire bike, a chopper, and start over again. I may
be wrong, but I think the 142f with the 5/8inch straight shaft is no longer offered,
and that explains why the EZM q-matic is now an obsolete tranny, a relic, but a contribution
to the past development of motorized bicycles. It was always over-sold, my opinion.

The 142f with the straight shaft could be upgraded with $70 Staton clutch, plus
some additional parts, and then adding a 4G Grubee belt drive for an additional $130,
so the total is about $200. I might as well buy the 144f (53cc) with larger displacement
and, no governor. Right now, I'm stuck with the hs142F straight shaft 5/8 inch.
I'm going to attempt to sell the entire bike, a chopper, and start over again. I may
be wrong, but I think the 142f with the 5/8inch straight shaft is no longer offered,
and that explains why the EZM q-matic is now an obsolete tranny, a relic, but a contribution
to the past development of motorized bicycles. It was always over-sold, my opinion.
I have a 144f-1g in perfect running order and a 142f-1g with a conrod about to go out, with dropped valves. I've been meaning to get the 142 in running order and get some straight shaft parts for my 144, should match right up. End result wouldn't just be a skinnier setup, but I eventually want to run a 3d clutch.

Those extra 4ccs bumps torque from 2 nm to 2.5 nm, ungoverened brings max revs from 6870 to 9300 (max I've seen).
I noticed a huge difference when I swapped my 49cc to the 53cc, and then my engine roared when I put an ungoverned mag and flywheel on (both are required to ungovern it, one change will put ignition timing too far off to run right, needs both). The new 144s have the older flywheel and mag, I assume. The engine was governed to prevent over-revving that led to conrod failure. I haven't seen failure over-revving my 144, and I've had it ungoverned for a few years.
I can dig it- when we are talking small engines, a few cc’s is a larger %. The principal is described as the “just noticeable difference” - the amount something must be changed to be decernable at least half the time. The principal applies to a variety of senses, taste, touch, sound sight...
This is why eking out the last incremental power gains in a big build may not be “felt” but a small change in a small setup feels like a kick in the pants.

In other news, the 49cc barrier moves some states from legal to illegal. Worth consideration for some.

I don't know. Most of these 2 strokes are illegal, but no one cares,
not even the cops.

Back