How to increase your MPG

A larger drive sprocket would in effect be the same as a smaller driven sprocket, just not the same ratio increase per tooth.

In response to the good spark plugs. I know that on my Audi going from the _elcheapo_ plugs that the previous owner put in.. to the Bosch Platinum 4 way spark. It gave me about 2mpg more on a 4.2 V8. Would it do the same with these? A bigger spark making a better combustion and less wasted fuel?

Why get a larger drive sprocket when you could get a smaller rear sprocket and reduce weight.

Good logic Joe.

I find that I get nearly 200 mpg when I run at around 15 mph, pull in and lock the clutch on most hills and use only partial throttle to accelerate.

I get about 140+ to a gal, my truck get 6.5 to a gal,so I dont need to save any more gas,but I have found out that on my bike whan I changed out the 5mm plug wire that came with the cdi to a larger automotive 8mm wire and silaconed both ends on that the bike ran alot better. also try a hotter plug.....now on mine bent the arm down and cut and spread the ends to make a redneck splitfire plug works great

that's the best advice yet. that's why i like the 25cc zenoah over the 47 tanaka; i get a workout and get there almost as fast. coming from a background of hardcore road cycling, it is my preference to assist. these aren't motorcycles guys. that's why they are more fun!!!

Back