how to know you bought the right kit

Im frustrated not because of the kit, but because I have not got a bike that works or fits.

I bought a cheap new bike, thinking it fits, to eventually find out I cant fit the carb sideways.

Father bought a junk bike thinking he could fix it, turns out he couldnt (after I got the whole kit installed).

So after two weeks Im back to square one.

The thing with the kit is that the bolts and threads are made of very soft metal. Must be idiot engineers as the extra expense of speccing metal that just has abit more carbon in it should be close to zero.

this fourm can make or break sellers

so why can"t we start a list of small items that we want in a kit and as a group send it to the sellers and that can pass it on to china etc
things in these kits are total ridicules and like you say cost pennies ,, better bolts nuts like you say ,, the adjustments for the cable "joke " you would think they would send information how to assemble ,, etc . another joke ,,
and the sad part is the motor is of good quality and for $1.00 more coming from china it would make all the difference

this group of members on this forum carry s allot of power , and for a seller "not even send instructions is a insult to my intelligent , i got 2 pages of instructions and the ink ran out about halfway down the second page ,and i had to get the owner of "Wong"s Take Out " to translate the first page and his English was not good and i still don"t know what he meant when he kept saying ,break in ,break in ,

so wake up sellers ,,,, the only transportation you may end up with is a bicycle with a trailer heading for a flea market

to me this forum has a wonderful group of honest people ,,surly they deserve instructions how to assemble,etc. after spending there hard earn dollars ,
,thats how i see it
japat100

well, you get what you pay for...for $225 i got an engine that pulls my bicycle down the road, & a bunch of other parts that helped me install and operate it. most of the parts worked how i wanted, the others i modified or replaced. i'm way satisfied with the final result and cost.

a community-designed kit would kick total butt, but would be a pretty pricey deal...better castings, steel cylinder, stronger hardware, etc...

as far as instructions go, that's one of the things you didn't get that you didn't pay for...

but, that happens to be the absolute main reason tom founded MBc, it's all here, or it can be found from here 8)

japat100 yeah that might work but could take a long time to have THEM implement, sooo I suggest this.

We take the collected knowledge on this excellent site and and come up with (1) a real english (not enwrish-:D) manual for installation, use, maintainence, repair.
(2) come up with a list of needed/convenient hardware, bolts/nuts/washers and such as well as a parts break down with CLEAR pictures to go along with the english manual.
(double/triple checked for typo's)

Most, if not all the info needed is here on this site but not all in one place(as far as I have seen).Maybe this site could host a "make a manual contest" :D with a prize of a custom (MB.com logo'd) airbrushed fuel tank to the best one/s.Of course there would have to be a few different manuals to get things covered.

Sometimes, well most the time it's just easier to fix things yourself.

Geesh, thinking about this makes it look like someone could write a book on this.(been done I'm sure)

what it all comes down to is ya get what you pay for. if ya need more parts make them or buy them. this is a new sport and we are pave'n the way. it can be fun and frustrating. what ever you make it. i'm have n fun and so are a lot of others here.

Yep I paid just over $200 and got a kit that really didnt need anything else except a suitable bike.

I am so happy with it.

Do I have a wish list yes but it would drive the price out of being reasonable.So I take it as it is and deal with what it is and I'm fine with that.

just for kicks said:
Most, if not all the info needed is here on this site but not all in one place(as far as I have seen).
:LOL: :LOL: lord knows, we do try :LOL: :LOL:

good post. great proposals to ponder. we sure could use someone to help us finish the aforementioned LOGO :)

yes, we're gonna help define the market someday...for now, we help ourselves 8)

just for kicks said:
We take the collected knowledge on this excellent site and and come up with (1) a real english (not enwrish-:D) manual for installation, use, maintainence, repair.
(2) come up with a list of needed/convenient hardware, bolts/nuts/washers and such as well as a parts break down with CLEAR pictures to go along with the english manual.
(double/triple checked for typo's)

Most, if not all the info needed is here on this site but not all in one place(as far as I have seen).

We have a great start on the owner's manual here---->

http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=1199

http://www.motoredbikes.com/index.php?c=7

also...check this out...... http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=1487

This manual is growing & will continue to grow, with our submissions of tips, repairs, install ideas & shortcuts, homebuilt upgrades, etc.

Have a look at our manual & submit your ideas, guys. It only gets better.

interesting to read different points of view on should we ,,or should we not have better bolts and nuts,, cable adjustments,, gasket set ,good instructions ,,and all the small item that would make a better quality kit ,, some members say they are happy with the kit and better quality items would cost more money ,, so maybe the answer would be is to have a upgrade pkg available (when i buy my kit) to members like myself that would gladly pay extra money for better quality items ,, i can assure you whatever the extra pkg cost it would be far less then having to run around town burning gas looking for quality items as named above ,

the quickest way to get advice is to fail,,everybody and there dog will call with advice and tell you what you should have done
japat100

Back