how to know you bought the right kit

hmmm...very interesting. i wonder if a universal hardware-upgrade package would be a viable product?

i should add: i still only have all original hardware on my 2500-mile dax 70...i firmly believe my whole-life experience with wrenching has been a big help.

My dax kit went together just fine and only needed 2 longer bolts because of the frame I have it installed on right now.

The items I'd like to have in the kit/changed/optional are.

1) A combination twist throttle, brake lever, kill switch all in one dealio :D.(I am looking for these-I know they are out there)
2) a combination clutch lever (W/holding button that dax has) plus a small thumb lever for a remote choke and maybe a light switch.(I am looking for these also)
3) A major item I'd like to see on the engine is roller bearings for the clutch pivot shaft.(I may have to make this)

All in all I'm very happy with it so far and more importantly my wife is warming up to the whole thing and wants to ride it more and more and now thats looking like a problem for me :D

#3...i'm glad you brought this up...slightly OT, but i couldn't figure out where to put this.

about 1 2/3 wraps of beer-can took all the wiggle out of my clutch arm, a little bearing grease & it's good to go:

41_Mvc502f_1.jpg

btw-dig the longer angled arm...straight line to adjuster. nobody better make fun of my intake gasket, either, it's lasted for hundreds of miles :p

Yeah I was looking at those longer clutch arms.

I'm thinking I'll just buy an extra clutch pivot shaft and cover to experiment with and maybe one of the longer arms and see what I can come up with.

The beer can fix would work well.
It really isnt that much slop but I feel it could be improved a bit.

OOPS:edit I meant needle bearing like this.
http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/10mm/Kit6940

if I could bore out the hole to a tight 14mm and press two of these into the case I think it might just work.If I remember I mearured the clutch pivot shaft at just under 10mm.

-

if you have 3 hands no need to read below-

a choke cable as mention above should be a must ,,, for safety reason ,,i am wondering how many new owners took a dive when first started there motor ,, with one hand to adjust the choke and one hand on handle bars , ,,and your motor decides to quit ,,,,,
-
,so new owners should be aware once you start your motor and you want to adjust your choke ,best to put your clutch in until motor warms up enough so choke don't need to be on ,, not sure why there was not a warning sign or was i the only one to take a dive ,,it could cause a trip to the doctor
japat100

i bought an 80cc from a seller of kings motorbikes on ebay. the total was $150.00 i knew i saved some money buyin from him. but...the engine came not in the original box. there was a broken air filter and no chain.
so after naggin him for a chain he finally sent it a month later...i never got an air filter, so i built my own. the first long ride was about 30 miles and a mile into it i blew my exhaust gasket. that was my only long ride so far. other than that i ride up and down 79 (basically a highway). i let my brother take it out for a ride and about a quarter mile up the road the bolts fell out and he made it back home with one bolt holdin the front clamp on...lol :D so the bike has been sittin in my garage for about 3 weeks and in that time i got all the wrong bolts. but i polished up the whole motor with my dremel tool. (oh, and i forgot to tell. after my first 30 mile trip, i got home and about an hour later i washed all the oil off my motor since i blew the exhaust gasket. and as soon as i pulled it on the driveway, a microscopic piece of glass popped my tire, then i was all like
WTF :censored: :censored: :censored: ...anyway. i fixed that) yesterday i got all new chrome bolts and they were all the right size except i had to cut some to fit the manifold to cylinder. so... tomorrow im gonna fire it up and take it for a ride oh ya...i broke the chain guard because i was really frustrated because the bolts were being gay...so im gonna need another one... i know no ones gonna read this becuase its so long and drawn out and its a big waste of time...

I read it all, sort of ended with an eeyore type ending but I read it. :D

Good luck with the ride thursday.

augidog when you see my posts you must think "oh no, not this guy again". :D (I,m sorry)

I read em all, too.
& I can see how you might get discouraged. But, I can also see a lot of determination. Heck...you are still wrenching on it! & you'll always have to put a wrench on it once in a while.
I try to check all the nuts and bolts on a new build after every ride. It's a good habit. If I go for a long ride, I'll take a break in the shade and check things out during my trip.
You will find after a while, fewer & fewer things will be loose. But you still gotta check.
Hang in there & keep us posted. 8)

Back