how to make a 49cc go faster

damianx

Local time
11:39 AM
hello there!
6 months ago i build a board track racer with a huashen 142f engine. my question is: i want to make my 142f go faster, but i dont want to lose any torque... ive seen a good way to put a shift kit on it, or maybe change the engine to a 6.5hp. how good does the shifter work? can i really get up to 40mph? how about other mods, like taking the governor out (do these engines even have a governor?) i read somewhere that you can do that on a 6.5hp engine... how about a 6.5 hp with a shift kit? i want a bike to cover long distances for travel

the shift kit reduces power to the wheel about 8% due to the extra friction of extra chain and shaft.
I read a post saying the connecting rod broke when he was riding around 9500 RPM, so be careful with the revs.

the shift kit reduces power to the wheel about 8% due to the extra friction of extra chain and shaft.
I read a post saying the connecting rod broke when he was riding around 9500 RPM, so be careful with the revs.
thank you! ... then, whats the best way to go? i would want to go 40+ mph if possible... and have enought torque to climb around sanfran...

I don't think you have the right engine to do that. You should just target being able to climb hills.
Get a 66/80cc Grubee engine if you want to do both. and plan on having to modify it for best power.

Back