How to make your own ethanol free gas.

I wonder if it's not the ethanol that gums everything up but actually some blending agent used. You probably have to change jets to run this. The ethanol defiantly does cause corrosion just like water and dry out rubber. It doesn't belong in gasoline.

Last edited:
I wonder if it's not the ethanol that gums everything up but actually some blending agent used. You probably have to change jets to run this. The ethanol defiantly does cause corrosion just like water and dry out rubber. It doesn't belong in gasoline.
whatt?? no no no, it should be kept in, i need more free small engines to resell ;)

That is really neat!! I'm going to try it.
Do you want to try that just to try it, or do you want ethanol free fuel? Sask is on the same program as the rest of western Canada with the ethanol free premium fuel. I'd like to try it to, just to find the % of ethanol.

The problem with the Premium fuel is that if you only need one gallon, there is probably nearly that much of whatever was pumped through the system (most likely regular grade) in the hose. So for small quantities - it's not very effective. Of course - if it's a pump dedicated strictly to premium fuel - its not a problem.

You need to add 2.5 oz. of water per gallon of gas, mix well and then let it sit for maybe 30 minutes.

I read about 2 stroke dirt bikers saying ethanol free gas makes their engine run usually 1 to 2 jet sizes richer.

Back