how to modify a stock skyhawk 66cc exhaust?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the end cap of the mufler is bolted on, remove the nut and end cap. There is a tube that goes up the length of the mufler. Either drill some holes through the tube, or cut the tube off (it's easier to cut it off than to drill). This will give you easier flow but does increase loudness. On my first build I also drilled a 1/4" hole next to the mount hole. Park over a piece of carpet or a pan of floor dry because any unburned oil/fuel mixture will leak out of the extra hole. If you cut the tube off leave enough tube above the lip of the end cap to reattach if you need to.

Are u talking about the lil tube that's. Connected to the end cap? And should I drill a hole on the exhaust tube that's connected to the flange that bolts to the cylinder?

Yes cut the tube off the end cap. I added a 1/4" hole next to the mount hole in the end cap, not the header pipe to mufler. Everything is done to the end cap.

Ok thanks a lot for ur help, I drilled some holes in the tube opted not to cut it off I'm worried about the noise, does cutting it off make it louder? Or is it the hole in the end cap that makes it louder? Is it a lot louder with the hole in the end cap?

Cutting the tube will make it louder. Drilling the extra hole adds to that also. Don't drill the extra hole in the end cap if you worry about noise. I did mine as and experiment. I don't care about how loud mine is. I now run a SBP X-chamber for the added power!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back