How to promote the forum?

Tom

Local time
10:25 AM
Hey guys, I am hoping to increase traffic through this forum. Anyone have ideas? I already have a bunch of stickers for free to anyone who wants a few. I have also been working to get listed in search engines.

Anyone have any good publicity ideas?

I tried e-mailing some of the "active" looking folks in yahoo.groups, telling them to meet us here, but.......they must have turned off yahoo like I did when I got the 50th peice of spam.

1. My cousin and her husband are in Baton Rouge, he's doing hospital coordination for FEMA. NEXT hurricane season, Tom's "Hecks Angels", on their "Hardly Davidsons" will meet up and REALLY do some relief. I've already got my tent. Coordinated or not, I'll be there next time.

2. SUE TUCSON (how come "Tuscon" never looks spelt rite?")

3. Let's make a Movie, (using federal bike energy money), 6-10 characters preparing for the coast to coast challenge. Release date April Fools Day. Based on "It's a mad/mad world", "the great race", "deathrace 2000." How can I keep my pasted-on mustache attached at 35 mph?

4. SUE TOPEKA (because we can spell Topeka).

I'm a wikipedia editor and I usually do not like forum links but I kept the link that someone added on the motorized bicycle page(in fact, thats how I got here). I think that the subject is specialized enough that links to actual discussion pages/message boards that are not too commercialized would help the reader immensely.

thats great. I tried making a few movies, but im not that good at it. Check the home page for links to them on google and youtube... I think google bought youtube for 1.6 billion or something. wow.

First question: How much penetration do you want to have? There are only X people in the english speaking world who own one of these bikes. How many of them do you want on this board?

* The fact that thatsdax points people here is great for the forum, and probably helps his business. Perhaps you could convince other vendors to point here?

* Advertise on bikeforums.net?

* Whenever people stop me on the street, I tell them about this board, but I doubt they ever come here. Maybe a link for first time users? I dunno. I'm thinking off the top of my head.

First question: How much penetration do you want to have? There are only X people in the english speaking world who own one of these bikes. How many of them do you want on this board?
All of them.
* The fact that thatsdax points people here is great for the forum, and probably helps his business. Perhaps you could convince other vendors to point here?
Yeah, GEBE points here now, hopefully more can get on board.
* Advertise on bikeforums.net?
Whats that?
* Whenever people stop me on the street, I tell them about this board, but I doubt they ever come here. Maybe a link for first time users? I dunno. I'm thinking off the top of my head
Yeah. I have sent out over 500 free stickers and I'm looking to place another few orders.

Maybe have series of sponsored races with some serious prize money....It shouldn't be to hard to get a large following because the engine kits are so cheap......almost anybody can afford one and who doesn't like the idea of racing
....and having the possibility of winning serious $$ .I thought about doing that locally (i.e. - selling a few engine kits and telling each person that buys one they are eligible to race in a race to be help on a certain date (pending of course enough kits are sold to make the pirze "pot" worthwhile....MotoredBikes...Has a
large following already....Sponsor something BIG...with Big $$....Oh and let's have it on the East Coast! ;-)
Andrew

Back