How to properly ride a motorized bike?

nmarco32

Local time
5:38 PM
Hey, so I just finished building my bike with a china doll engine. What's the proper way to use the clutch and such. I know pedal then release the clutch to start the engine but when going fast and letting off throttle do I engage the clutch when slowing down to say a stop sign? What are some everyday scenarios? Sorry, this is my first 2 stroke and want it to be reliable for down the road.

Pull in clutch if your not giving it gas/slowing down. If you leave it out its engine braking and slows you down, it will also decrease the life of your engine significantly. You can hold the kill switch and leave the clutch engaged give it gas and that will slow you down without killing the engine.

Pull in clutch if your not giving it gas/slowing down. If you leave it out its engine braking and slows you down, it will also decrease the life of your engine significantly. You can hold the kill switch and leave the clutch engaged give it gas and that will slow you down without killing the engine.
Ride 3/4 mile to the bar, talk about it for an hour, talk about old triumphs with the regular who used to ride his but now it just sits...

It use to be that 2 stroke engines especially those used in certain odd ball cars had a problem with using the compression to brake the car. Mostly on long down grades. Oil has come a long way, and adheres far better than when this was a problem. Short periods of compression braking ain't going to do harm cause the oil is still protecting the surfaces. You might not want to do it all the way down pikes peak, but around town is not going to cause much additional wear. That's what I would say if I was the old guy at the bar.

Do you
Hey, so I just finished building my bike with a china doll engine. What's the proper way to use the clutch and such. I know pedal then release the clutch to start the engine but when going fast and letting off throttle do I engage the clutch when slowing down to say a stop sign? What are some everyday scenarios? Sorry, this is my first 2 stroke and want it to be reliable for down the road.
have a link to your China Doll?
Herd about them, some good remarks, might make it my next motor.

Back