How to really ungovern HuaSheng 142F (2023)

So how do you ungovern newer HuaSheng 142F engine? Just buy the original Honda's GHX50 ignition coil and you are good to go. Well, easy to say but its little tricky. For example on aliexpress there are lot of "original" Honda GHX50 coils but there are not, they are from HS and because they fits on Honda they call it "Honda GHX50 Ignition coil" just a Chinese thing.
So there is a link on aliexpress where I bought that ignition coil like 2 months ago and I'm telling you that it unlocked my rpm to, basically unlimited. When I have rear wheel in the air I got 10K+ rpm. Of course this is rpm's without any load.

I purchased a 144F about a year ago, last October. Do you think the ungoverning process would be the same for both motors?

I purchased a 144F about a year ago, last October. Do you think the ungoverning process would be the same for both motors?
Of course! 144F and 142F are basically the same engines, the only difference is between piston and cylinder, 144F has 53cc (44mm piston) and 142F "only" 49cc (42mm piston). If I remember correctly 144F engines never came with governor, at least from what I hear. So you should have it ungoverned right out of the box.

If I remember correctly 144F engines never came with governor, at least from what I hear. So you should have it ungoverned right out of the box.

Shoot, I'll buy a tachometer and check. I'm running a 36 tooth rear sprocket with 26" rims and topping out on flat ground at 20-22 mph. I'm also 265 lbs. I was hoping to be able to hit closer to 30 mph.

Well fellas after some time even I think this post is not necessary. Sure you can ungovern these engines so you would be able to get 9000 rpm on wheel in air, but does it even matter? You wont be able to hit beyond 7000 rpm on flat road anyway(seems like engine cant sustain that high rpm because of load? dunno). I did hit 7K +rpm but that was on big downhill. I dont know if this is because I only swapped the coil, or is it my special configuration of my bike? Cant tell, let me guys know whats the reason behind this. I swapped back on default ignition coil, and I can say pull starts are much better and the sound of the engine is smoother.
I just thought that you dont need to replace flywheel in order to unlock rpms, but who knows maybe thats the reason why I struggle with this.

Anyways Nikoliki, im surprised that you have sprocket with 36T, I think for your application it would be better to go with 44T and up. But if you really want max out your top speed, fair enough.

Anyways Nikoliki, im surprised that you have sprocket with 36T, I think for your application it would be better to go with 44T and up. But if you really want max out your top speed, fair enough.

I went with the 36T bc I wanted to try and get more speed but it seems as though I lost necessary torque. Also, I converted over to hub mounted rims and 36T is the largest I could affordabley find.

Back