How to really ungovern HuaSheng 142F (2023)

What makes the Honda engine more powerful? The bore and stroke is the same isnt it Jerry?
I really don't know the exact reason why. Though I'm assuming there's better quality materials being used in the Honda since it's more than double the price of the 142. My Robin Subaru 35 is a 33cc engine and generates the same power and torque as the larger 142. The 33cc RS35 is around the same price as the Honda 49cc engine. The RS35 has an iron cylinder sleeve.

The slightly larger 144(53cc) has around the same torque and power as the 49cc Honda.

I just now read a post from Quentin Guenther, the president of EZM motorbikes, from 2012 on this website. He said, “The Honda motor has a higher compression ratio, and runs at a slightly lower redline compared to the HS 142 series motor. In fact the main jet is larger in the HS 142 carburetor and it will rev higher than the Honda.” Since the HS 142 “…will rev higher than the Honda” that tells me that although the HS 142 has less power it will run faster than the Honda GHX50.

I just now read a post from Quentin Gunther, the president of EZM motorbikes, from 2012 on this website. He said, “The Honda motor has a higher compression ratio, and runs at a slightly lower redline compared to the HS 142 series motor. In fact the main jet is larger in the HS 142 carburetor and it will rev higher than the Honda.” Since the HS 142 “…will rev higher than the Honda” that tells me that although the HS 142 has less power it will run faster than the Honda GHX50.
You need horsepower or it won't be able to push the gear ratio. On my shifter bike if at full throttle I'm doing 7000 rpm in a certain gear ratio upping the ratio won't increase the speed; all it'll do is lower the rpm. So what that means is I'd need more horsepower to turn the engine at the same rpm rate in the higher ratio.

If steel is better than aluminum Zean, then why are ALL top fuel dragster engines using aluminum rods. They make over 11,000 hp.
Another thing Elding .......if you plan to change the crank and connecting rod, you'd better change the piston also. They are all balanced individually and as an assembly.

If steel is better than aluminum Zean, then why are ALL top fuel dragster engines using aluminum rods. They make over 11,000 hp.
Another thing Elding .......if you plan to change the crank and connecting rod, you'd better change the piston also. They are all balanced individually and as an assembly.
Ok lets make it clear. Steel is better in terms of reliability and that's a big deal for me because I think reliable things matter the most. Aluminum is great because its lightweight and that's why is less resistive to up and down forces and then produces more power but it has one big drowback: lifespan of aluminum con rods is short. That's why they change it in dragsters after few rides..
And my goal for my motorized bike was a reliability. that's why I chose forged steel rod. And speaking of piston, I think pistons on GXH 50 and HS 142F are basically the same though I'm not sure. It makes sense what you write, but I think its not that big deal, in case of pistons.

Ok lets make it clear. Steel is better in terms of reliability and that's a big deal for me because I think reliable things matter the most. Aluminum is great because its lightweight and that's why is less resistive to up and down forces and then produces more power but it has one big drowback: lifespan of aluminum con rods is short. That's why they change it in dragsters after few rides..
And my goal for my motorized bike was a reliability. that's why I chose forged steel rod. And speaking of piston, I think pistons on GXH 50 and HS 142F are basically the same though I'm not sure. It makes sense what you write, but I think its not that big deal, in case of pistons.
I quickly learned what you're talking about with chainrings; which is why I only use steel chainrings now.

If steel is better than aluminum Zean, then why are ALL top fuel dragster engines using aluminum rods.
Simple answer...lol...Race engines are usually torn down and rebuilt after every race...Why???...Because they have to...lol... Because the aluminum will not take the abuse they give those motors while steel would hold up better, but they opt for the lighter weight of aluminum over steel for top speeds and sacrifice longevity of the motor as a consequence...lol.

Excuse me Sidewinder Jerry, yes, the horsepower of the 33cc shifter bike cannot reach 7,000rpm with your higher gear ratio. I believe the stock 49cc HS 142 has enough horsepower to maintain a higher top speed than the stock Honda GHX50. I have an ungoverned HS 142 with a Q-Matic and I've owned 2 Honda GXH50's brand new fitted to Staton-Inc jack shaft shifter Giant Stiletto chopper bicycle. I ran them with free flowing flex tubing exhaust (the Honda with governor linkage removed). They were pretty fast. I think very close to or at 40mph. I couldn't tell which was faster. You and many others have a heck of more skills than I. I'm just respectfully saying, and thank you Moderator DAMIEN1307 and Elding both for answering the aluminum rod in dragster engines question better than I could.

The Briggs engines seem to do just fine on aluminum rods. Having been in the small engine trade I have pretty much seen it all when it comes to abuse. Yet a bottom end on a Briggs just runs on and on. Great many of the horizontal engines on go karts wind up ungoverned and spend their lives as a baby sitter in the upper 5k range. They eventually fail but not with out a battle. Rarely did I see a badly worn rod as long as lack of oil wasnt a problem. The bore went first due to dirt ingestion from lack of care. I have a 45 year old Briggs that came to me with the nastiest oil Ive seen in a while. Yet after clean up ran just fine and still does. Honda brought motorcycle engineering to small engines. That makes a big difference in the quality. The HS is a decent little engine with care. Throw Honda internals in an HS and you still have to contend with the Chinese quality of the rest of it.
The last GXH I found for sale was over $400. With care I think an HS will run a long time.

Your Briggs engine, was that with the iron block and iron cylinder? If so, after several heat and cool cycles the crystalline structure of the iron aligned itself in such a way that made the engine block and cylinder very strong and it ran very straight. I heard that those iron Briggs engines ran forever. I think they stopped making those because of power, efficiency or pollution issues?

Back