How to remove wide pedal cranks without puller?

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
1:52 AM
Anyone have an idea? I saw at the bike shop he had a tool to remove them. I wanted to start my 4 stroke nel lusso build but I cannot remove the wide pedal cranks from the other bike. I already removed the bolts but they seem to be wedged onto the crank spindle pretty hard. Also can a 4 stroke mount fit on a nel lusso front tube? it seems pretty wide but started filing the mount.

I use a puller... find an inexpensive one on eBay or Amazon. Takes it off without damage. just checked about $5. If you have a small 3 jaw puller it may work with some monkeying around.

i recently put a 4 stroke on a huffy panama jack steel frame which is pretty much the same frame. You have to grind quite a bit if the front mount piece to have clearance for the engine mount bolts.

Last edited:
Now the question is can i locate the nuts for the cranks and assemble it without something coming loose, don't forget alignment. On the stock pedals the sprocket is right against the bearing race but I doubt the wide crank would go on the shaft that far. Hmm

Back