how to safely clean a motorised bike without damaging the carb or electrics

It's a quick detailer/polish/wax spray marketed to motorcycles. Basically, think Meguiars Quick detailer, but with a motorcycle on the bottle.

It's good for results close to this. (Also, look, my clean motorized bike! ;) )
Ah, Ok...lol...Yes, your bike looks nice and clean and "Oooooh Shiney"...lol.

Believe it or not, on my bike I just give it a wipe down with just plain old furniture polish once in a great while with one of my microfiber cloth's...It comes out, "Oooooh Shiney" too...lol.

Believe it or not, on my bike I just give it a wipe down with just plain old furniture polish once in a great while with one of my microfiber cloth's...It comes out, "Oooooh Shiney" too...lol.
That particular picture was after a full detailed clean, a wax strip, polish, and then ceramic coating. Hence the extra shiny nature. The high end ceramic coatings are worth the money if you are obsessed with keeping your vehicles looking nice.

I'm assuming you store your bike in a garage out of the weather and only ride it during dry weather.

'm assuming you store your bike in a garage out of the weather and only ride it during dry weather.
I store my bike right in my parlor, I think you younger people call that the "living room" these days...lol. (As far as I'm concerned, ANY room I am in, I am living in it, hence, they are all "living rooms" to me...lol.)

And as far as riding 'only in dry weather'...I live in a God forsaken desert in Alamogordo, NM...lol...Even the humidity factor is dry right now, it's at only 12% humidity right now...lol...19% is considered a high humidity day here...lol. (the most humid month here is December (38.3%)

The only time it is wet around here is during monsoon season usually late July through August...Any other time it spits three drops of rain and it's all over...lol...lol.

I'm obsessed, but I am nowhere near as fanatical as you are with all of that stripping, polishing, ceramic coating etc...lol.
I ain't even that obsessed. Once or twice a year I go that far into it. Otherwise, just a quick spray down and a brush here or there to stop grime buildup. I'm pretty laid back compared to some guys I have met and talked to over the years. I always thought I was rather OCD, but compared to them I am a lazy slob.
(the most humid month here is December (38.3%)
If we rearrange those 3 numbers you get the peak humidity of Eastern Nebraska in August. 833.%

Idk about humidity, but weather where I live is crap all year round. It snows a ton in the winter, rain and horrible wind in spring and in fall, and summer is really frickin hot and sometimes windy, which causes really bad and low visibility dust storms

Idk about humidity, but weather where I live is crap all year round. It snows a ton in the winter, rain and horrible wind in spring and in fall, and summer is really frickin hot and sometimes windy, which causes really bad and low visibility dust storms
You just described where I live too lol. Nebraska has 2 distinct climates. Western and central is Arid Grassland, Eastern is a Continental climate which is where I live. Continental climates are notorious for seasonal weather extremes, and since I also live where I do, wild storms and weather patterns are normal since there are no mountains or other geological features to stop the wind from blowing down from the arctic circle or up from the Gulf of Mexico. Insanely high winds are kind of a normal here, as are wind storms. I just got a new roof last year because we had a wind storm hit in 2021 with 95mph gusts at my house and over 100 at the airport.

You just described where I live too lol. Nebraska has 2 distinct climates. Western and central is Arid Grassland, Eastern is a Continental climate which is where I live. Continental climates are notorious for seasonal weather extremes, and since I also live where I do, wild storms and weather patterns are normal since there are no mountains or other geological features to stop the wind from blowing down from the arctic circle or up from the Gulf of Mexico. Insanely high winds are kind of a normal here, as are wind storms. I just got a new roof last year because we had a wind storm hit in 2021 with 95mph gusts at my house and over 100 at the airport.
I live in a rain shadow desert, but it sounds a lot like weather here. I live in a little place called Nyssa if you want to look it up. I moved here in 2019, but I heard that during the massive snowing in 2017 that it might as well have been Alaska here.

Back