How to see America for $10 per day........

I noticed the slideshow at your fun beach features fancy "gourmet" mushrooms, that will drag in the tourists, eh?
What's the proximity to that Rain Forest, (Olympic ?? Forest), I had some friends disappear in there for a few months.

A branch of my Silicone Valley cousins moved up to that area, D'Anna Ravioli I think is Mikes business name. I'm trying to work that area into a "Lower 48" type tour in the future, but can't figure out exactly when the dry season is. Another branch is over on the western side of WA.

So many places to see, so many routes. I remember that Oregon Coast, where you could take sleds up to the top of tall sand dunes. That Eastern Oregon twilight zone looks the most intimidatingly barren.

Have you done any long bike touring using that tent?
Have you crossed the Canadian Border using the bike?
If you use those ferries in that area, do they charge you same as a car?

I saw Red Rocks on my Colo. adventure last June. If they ever get a forum on "backstage" with the dead, the stories would be hilarious, I have 2, DC in '86 and Roanoke in '87.
'79 I saw B'ham, scene was so messy they stayed away until '95.

"We are everywhere"...

no comment on the mushroom thing... :devilish:

actually, i've only been here long enough to know this is where i'm staying. the whole place feels like a rain forest, but in the coolest way, i understand all winter will be wet but fairly temperate. btw, i got a great price on that tent, i'll post a link to the vendor if it's cool...it remained tight and dry thru a week of rain when i first got here. there's also a 3-person version (7'X7') that weighs in at about 6lbs.

my travels were all about "thumbing" thru the 70's/80's, yaknow, when tents were heavy with metal poles and guylines everywhere. i went everywhere in the nation & saw a bit of everything.

i've owned many nice bicycles, but with the exception of missouri's "katy trail" i've never done any long distance stuff.

i want to keep the idea of an eventual rally up this way close to my chest until i rub elbows with some of the merchants in the area. long beach chamber of commerce is always looking for new things to promote...it would be great to actually have an organization established before i approach them for sponsorship. i mean it, this is THE perfect spot for national exposure.

i don't know much about the area's services, ferries and such, but as i learn, i'll post 8)

Red Rocks

God I loved going to the rocks for concerts in the 70's did you ever got to the Jesters in Denver that place was wild ......good ol bad ol days :)....

I was going to buy a shoe repair shop in WA 3 yrs ago but that fell through
are there any shoe repair shops in Long Beach ??? can you send me the chamber address???

Cookie

just go to funbeach.com...at the bottom of the page are links to what you're looking for.

Denver- There are these brothers who own 4 bars, all with a Don Quixote theme, we went to Sancho's Broken Arrow, PACKED, and when the owner heard about my "travel", he gave me the shirt of his back, literally, longsleeve official Sanchos "nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile." The Dylan Birthday tribute was at the Oriental Theater, picture on the album cover in that Picasa place I built.

http://picasaweb.google.com/home

If you ride a motorized bike, find yourself in Denver, stop at either place and tell them bamabikeguy told you about it, might get shots on the house like I got.
It's a Rocky Mtn joke, the altitude is supposed to plaster us lowlanders on a couple of snifters of brandy.

But the Sancho's Broken Arrow thing named my bike "Rocinante", and I carried it over into the next newspaper I hit, Baca Weekly, where they called it a Quixote Quest.

Back