How to set up 4 stroke carburetor - what do these hoses do?/how do I hook up these hoses on my engine

CCbikeride

Local time
11:13 AM
Hi, I am new to building motorized bicycles, but have been doing fairly well following the instructions and finding information for my first build, but I have been unable to find information regarding the carburetor for my engine. I have added pictures with my questions, I hope they will be helpful for clarifying my questions.

Now I am pretty sure that the bronze spout on the side of the engine is for the fuel to go into, but what are these two hoses on the sides of the carburetor for?

- I have a fuel filter, but should that go in line with the fuel line, or could it go between these two hoses?
- In which direction should the fuel filter point?

Thanks for your answers! I hope they will help other people who have bought similar engines.
fuel filter.png

What are these two hoses for?
top view which is which.jpg

Is this bronze spout really where the fuel should go?
Tube on the side of a brass spout.jpg

Other tube.jpg

One of those hoses is the overflow and the other is the vent hose, just make sure they are pointing down. The filter goes inline the end of the filter with the metal inside goes toward the tank.

One of those hoses is the overflow and the other is the vent hose, just make sure they are pointing down. The filter goes inline the end of the filter with the metal inside goes toward the tank.
Thanks a lot! this is exactly what I needed to know!

<- Just found this video now. Shows a live demonstration and explains some more little things about the carburetor.

Back