[How-To] Ungovern HuaSheng 142f

I searched the gxh50 coil it is listed at around $50 USD so I don't know how he got a coil for $10. What is the part number for the old coil and how did you find it? the gxh50 flywheel looks more sturdy as well as there's more material past the 3rd fin on either side. I found a flywheel for around $30 but I don't want to get an unbranded coil and have running issues how some of them limit the engine.

Honda 30500-ZM7-014 Coil Assy. Ignition​

Honda 31110-ZM7-004 Flywheel​

These were the parts I ordered from Amazon, about $40 ea now it appears.

I searched the gxh50 coil it is listed at around $50 USD so I don't know how he got a coil for $10. What is the part number for the old coil and how did you find it? the gxh50 flywheel looks more sturdy as well as there's more material past the 3rd fin on either side. I found a flywheel for around $30 but I don't want to get an unbranded coil and have running issues how some of them limit the engine.
here is where I got mine. It worked great. In fact the whole set up ran good enough to break the motor mount so now I have to redo it with heavier material.
Ignition coil for Honda GXH50, GXV50, F220, WX15 (30500-ZM7-004, 30500-ZM7-014) 709317784817 | eBay

Flywheel Parts For Honda Gxh50 Gxv50 Engine Motor Water Pumps Trimmers Washers | eBay

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
So i found out something about my motor, ebay motor. The third item is a gov? I thought these were electronically governed. A straight shaft 49cc with what appears to be a cast iron or forged rod and a metal cam lobe. I was under the assumption that it had a plastic lobe and cast aluminum rod. Hmm are bikeberry 4 strokes really better quality than ebay "copies of copies" if they have a cast aluminum rod and plastic cam? In that case I would believe it would become less durable? People have said that the ones with a huasheng sticker or bikeberry engines are better quality. The first two pictures may be why little 49cc motors last longer than 2 strokes. Better lubrication, and stronger components, a cylinder wall that can't chip. The only problems ive had engine related are exhaust breakages and belt guide failure.

20210105_183655.jpg
20210105_183710.jpg
20210105_183715.jpg

Last edited:
Upon looking at a parts diagram that is a governor. On an electronically governed motor why would they install a governor gear with no flyweights or linkage? that disc is a cam spacer I think not even part of the governor.

Many GXH50 applications use the governor to operate with, since the HS is a clone that gear is in there but not used at all. Must be cheaper to make it that way than to redesign it. With a manual governor you can adjust the speed from idle to its max and in between. The electronic speed limit designed into the spark control is for emissions only to my understanding. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
One last question what is that disc on the timing, ahem governor gear? I saw a huasheng parts diagram and it says it is a "Timing Gear" but as far as I know the 2 dots on crank and cam are the only timing. Would it be safe to remove that wheel and the disc?. The cam meshes up perfectly even without the washer.

Back