[How-To] Ungovern HuaSheng 142f

Nice work, I haven't built a 4 stroke because of what I've read about them, I signed on to watch this just in case I do build one.

I know this thread is old but I wanted to comment in case anyone was searching for solutions like I was.

I just wanted to post a hearty thank you for this post, especially the part numbers. I have a brand new HS142F that was running great for the most part but breaking up on the top end under WOT. I swear it felt like fuel delivery issues. Dropped the honda parts in and it's now running perfectly. Used a business card to set the gap.

Mike exactly what parts broke up on the top end? Valves, piston or? Usually it's the crank or connecting rod on the lower end that grenades.

He means when the engine hit near 7k rpm it would almost seem like 4 stroking on a 2 stroke.

Correct, sorry for being less than specific. The engine would run perfectly until I was approaching top speed/RPMs and then it would start to sputter/cut out and lose power & RPMs. Swapping to the Honda parts listed cured this 100%.

What you were experiencing there was valve float. I hope you put in heavier springs.

Correct, sorry for being less than specific. The engine would run perfectly until I was approaching top speed/RPMs and then it would start to sputter/cut out and lose power & RPMs. Swapping to the Honda parts listed cured this 100%.

Just stumbled across this post while searching for something else, and Wow! Im am thrilled to hear my little discovery that day has helped (and been discussed by) several people so far! Thank you for giving me credit, excellent write-up!

I just did the valves for a customer, found exhaust perfect but the intake was loose as a goose. It was so loose I’m surprised the push rod didn’t come loose, the adjustment screw was only on there with 2 or three threads after adjustment. Poor tolerances in the engine.

Back