Howdee Y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomlittle

Local time
5:18 PM
The grandkids made me get into this internet thing.I'm wanting to do a whizzer reproduction on the cheap.I'd lijke input, be kind this is my first foray into the internet.
Thanks,
Tom

Welcome aboard.

If you're willing to sacrifice authenticity, then a 2 cycle engine kit with basic cheap beach cruiser is the way to go.

If you're not familiar with the engine that I'm speaking of, then just look over the bikes on this site. The engine that I'm speaking of is the most common type here.

It's not a Whizzer. Whizzers are more complex. But these bikes might be considered 'copies'.

Have fun.

Thanks for not being sarcastic darwin.So I don't know anything.Trying to learn and would appreicate only useful input.

I'm a newb too, but If you start with a Schwinn cruiser (Or similar) bike, and track down a reproduction Whizzer style tank (i've found a 1.8 gal and 1 Gal) with one of the Chinese engine kits it would be a good start. I would probably do a couple of upgrades, or at the very least upgrade all of the engine hardware and a few other recommended reliability mods, and you should come close. I'll try and hunt down the link that I found on this site that had a lot of that information on improving the reliability of the engine. I think it really comes down to what kind of bike you want to end up with, but if you don't care about going 40+mph with your hair on fire, then I would look at suggested mods to increase the low RPM grunt of these little engines. That is kind of the direction I am leaning toward.

Welcome to the forum. I also would start with a full, less expensive kit like a 2 stroke China girl or 49cc Huasheng. I feel like having everything you need up front gives you more time to learn the subtle things that will help you with the Whizzer project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back