Howdy from the Land of Enchantment

Thanks guys for the friendly welcome.

I should probably say that I've been lurking and reading for about the past month but hadn't registered or posted before I decided to take the plunge. I have the dax 65cc kit on order (based primarily on augidog's glowing review) and look forward to sharing the joys and frustrations as they occur.

I'm currently debating about whether to put the motor on my existing el-cheapo mountain bike or to look for a single speed cruiser somewhere.

Regards from southern New Mexico (which, contrary to some peoples opinion, really is part of the US).

Welcome in! You will not regret your purchase! - I have teh 48cc kit and I've only ever had minor issues, over a year and I'm still commuting on it and beating my neighbors in their SUVs into town. mostly because I don't have to stop at lights and I can squeeze past buses to get where I need to go.

I have the dax 65cc kit on order (based primarily on augidog's glowing review) and look forward to sharing the joys and frustrations as they occur.
interesting. this is the first direct reference to a product review...after you get familiar, please give the community some candid owner's-feedback in the 65cc review topic if you would...i'll be paying close attention, too :)

welcome to the MBc :cool:

I'll do just that although I expect that I'll have the usual teething problems of a novice builder. I'll try to keep the self inflicted wounds separate from product comments.

well, then, we'll see how effective the forum is...i assume you've got the basics researched & you'll know what you're looking at when you get it ;)

and we like hearing about the self-inflicted wounds, so give us a project topic
in general discussion and we'll go "ouch :eek:" at all the right moments :LOL:

here's a freebie for your journal: unless you expedited, the "dax-wait" is gonna have you crazy :rolleyes:

:cool:

OK. I'll start a project topic and keep y'all posted once I start the build.

No, I didn't expedite. I understand the wait. Not that I like it you understand but....

I do have some things to do before the engine gets here.

1. Decide whether I want to use my existing mountain bike frame or look for something else.

2. If I do use the mb frame, upgrade the brakes.

3. If I do use the mb frame, change the handlebars so a set of cruiser bars and transfer all the cabling over.

4. If...,get a dual pull brake lever, put it on and get it set up.

5. If...,true the wheels.

Hey, this is a project. It wouldn't be fun without all sorts of decisions and opportunities to exercise your vocabulary of unprintable terms.:)

You can follow the saga of "Plain Jane" over in the general discussions forum if you are interested.

Back