Howdy

White

Local time
2:42 AM
Hey everyone,
Just got a Phat bike and mounted a Skyhawk 60cc engine to her.

This looks like a cool place for sure.

Thanks a lot professor.

I can't post yet, so I'll ask my question here:

How do I get my clutch to engage???

I've read up on common problems, and tried a few things:
1. Hitting bucking bar with rubber mallet,
2. Adjusting Cutch cable and
3. Adjusting flower nut
4. Jamming a rag in gear to stop motor, hold clutch and push bike forward with weight on it to free up the clutch

I've either done one of these wrong (not #2 or #3, those seem good),
or there's something I'm missing.

The clutch has freed up just a little bit. But the clutch cable always comes loose from the clutch swing arm; the clutch is just too **** tight to engage.

What else can I try?

Thanks in advance. I need this for transportation and it's been sitting for almost 2 weeks.

Hi White!!

Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.

General request to all new members.
Please, before posting any questions, do a search. Then READ,READ,READ.
There is a ton of information here. Many of your engine and performance issues in the Garage & Tech/Mech Help have already been covered. Here at MBc we are the home of nearly all MoteredBike questions. If you search and are unable to find your answer, don't hesitate to post your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
Here's 2 great links to get you started.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=31046

If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message.

Hi Stan4d,

Thanks for the welcome. And thanks for the links.

I've actually read those and I've been reading articles here for a week or two. I tried the top 4 things I've read about as I mentioned aerlier. Just seeing if I'm missing anything.

Thanks

Go back to your step 3. I had to adjust mine to engage. Took out the locking screw, turned the star nut 1 position tighter(clockwise) put the locking screw back in tight, Blue LockTite if you have it. See if that doesn't help.

Back